Should the 2 mounting bolts on the shell plate platform on a dillon 550b be torqued down? If so what torque setting is recommended. Thanks.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
dillon shell plate platform
Collapse
X
-
My 550b only has one bolt. The tighter you make it the tighter the shell plate gets. I tighten it until it is solid but still rotates smoothly. Are you sure you have a 550b? I have only used a few different ones but they have all been the same as mine.Attached FilesComment
-
Most people never remove their platform which is why they don't know what you mean.
I got to do that recently on my 650, and the guy I was talking to on the phone didn't mention any special requirements. But if you're concerned give them a call - they're happy to share any little tricks with you. He DID give me some advice about a spring and a paperclip...Comment
-
Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,877
Posts: 25,152,729
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,763
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 27742 users online. 113 members and 27629 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment