For tumbling brass? Anyone ever try it? Any downsides?
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Walnut & Baking Soda?
Collapse
X
-
Have not tried baking soda.. but I tumble with walnut and a little nu finish with good results."Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein -
Never heard of this...what is the soda supposed to do?
I'd be concerned with any possible contamination but have no idea what soda's effects could be..
I've had good results with fine walnut bedding from Petco...a cap of new finish...some cut up used drier sheets to keep dust down..not as fancy as corncob but works fine..
I often will citric acid soak for a quick dip and then let dry before the tumbler...it cleans the insides of the case better that way...but make sure the brass has had plenty of time to dry..often the dip in the citric acid "soup" and a good rinse are plenty.God and the Constitution give me my rights and actions...any other input is just blabbering.Comment
-
-
Fill your tumbler with walnut shell media and add 5-6 capfulls of Brasso and let it run for 24 hours.
Skip the corn cob and drier sheets.
Walnut media comes in 40-50 pound sacks at a decent feed store and is dirt cheap.Lynn Dragoman, Jr.
Southwest Regional Director
Unlimited Range Shooters Association (URSA)
www.unlimitedrange.org
Not a commercial business.
URSA - Competition starts at 2000 yards!Comment
-
I read somewhere on CalGuns that brasso has ammonia in it and should not be used because it will contaminate the powder.
I used brasso for almost 20 years with no problems, but switched to new finish just because.
New finish seems to work just as well, so all is good.sigpic"Don't mistake my kindness for weakness. I am kind to everyone, but when someone is unkind to me, weak is not what you are going to remember about me."
-Al Capone-Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,330
Posts: 25,146,881
Members: 358,387
Active Members: 5,484
Welcome to our newest member, LakeLife.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 28899 users online. 43 members and 28856 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment