Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Harbor Frieght $160 Workbench

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • DefendersOfValda
    Member
    • Jan 2016
    • 278

    Harbor Frieght $160 Workbench



    Ive been looking at over the counter pre made workbenches for reloading.

    My first one was DIY built, but that was a long time ago. And sat in garage.

    I dont want a garage loading bench, too cold in winter, this time. I want something kinda portable and that can go in the house.

    Anyone use this? Its on Amazon too, not just HF.
    sigpic
  • #2
    NYT
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
    CGN Contributor
    • Apr 2011
    • 3811

    we had a pretty extensive thread on this about a month or so ago. use the search function and you should be able to find it.

    Comment

    • #3
      Bumslie
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
      CGN Contributor
      • Oct 2011
      • 5358

      As commented earlier. I have this bench. I like it. Great for beginners.

      Portable? That thing is heavy. Product description is 109lbs. I bet 80lbs of it is the top.

      Drawers aren't bad. They aren't the best.

      You probably will run out of room if you're like most reloaders. I have 2 presses mounted on the side. One single state and one progressive. You have to mount as far out as you can to still be able to access the drawers. I also have a wooden cabinet type on top for additional space.

      If I had to do it again, I would build this




      Last edited by Bumslie; 01-20-2016, 10:18 PM.
      NRA Life Member
      WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, and common sense. Some overly sensitive "men" will be offended.
      Originally posted by ivanimal
      I love you! (some Homo)
      Originally posted by ivanimal
      I am a Gay muslim sometimes.
      Originally posted by Kestryll
      OP you are an uninformed tool.
      Go Broncos!
      Go Kings Go!

      Comment

      • #4
        snowdog650
        Senior Member
        • Jan 2009
        • 1108

        tagged

        Comment

        • #5
          C.G.
          Calguns Addict
          • Oct 2005
          • 8250

          It has worked well for me as well, very solid, but as said before the drawers are not the best; one on mine does not open/close easily.
          sigpic

          Comment

          • #6
            CityHunt3r
            Senior Member
            • Jun 2011
            • 933

            You want a heavy table in my opinion nothing more annoying then a rocky table when pulling on a press lever. I own the HF table 2 years now all drawers dont roll as smoothly as it used to maybe ill hit it with some WD 40 lol
            sigpic

            Comment

            • #7
              9mmrevolver
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2006
              • 1477

              Pretty sure u can build it for way cheaper. Mine doesn't have the fancy drawers but wouldn't be hard to build. Mine does have casters on it and I think I spent about 80 on it. Very solid.

              Comment

              • #8
                Jon Road King
                Senior Member
                • Oct 2012
                • 926

                Originally posted by Bumslie

                If I had to do it again, I would build this




                http://accurateshooter.net/Blog/benchnrma.pdf
                Thank you for that. Definitely building a few of these when I buy the new house
                "Never interrupt your enemy while he is making a mistake."

                --- Napoleon

                Comment

                • #9
                  Apprentice
                  Junior Member
                  • Dec 2015
                  • 14

                  I have this bench as well.
                  It's not my reloading bench, but I can tell you it's very sturdy.
                  https://twitter.com/citizens_rise
                  NRA Life Member

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    DefendersOfValda
                    Member
                    • Jan 2016
                    • 278

                    After looking at the reloading bench sticky thread, i saw a roll top work bench that wouls serve nicely. Checked local craigslist, need to follow up.

                    Amazon delivers it for $15, might do that if the roll top is a ghost.

                    Thanks for all the replies.
                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      M1NM
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Oct 2011
                      • 7966

                      Originally posted by Bumslie
                      Drawers aren't bad. They aren't the best. .......
                      If I had to do it again, I would build this
                      If your presss hangs over the front of the bench the drawers are useless. You can build one cheaper.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        JagerDog
                        I need a LIFE!!
                        • May 2011
                        • 15652

                        Most metallic loaders will overhang the drawers when mounted.

                        Friend has that bench and it seems pretty sturdy. I'd rater have a Tech style, but it works.
                        Palestine is a fake country

                        No Mas Hamas



                        #Blackolivesmatter

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Exile Machine
                          No longer in Business
                          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                          • Oct 2009
                          • 9551

                          We use these ULINE packing tables in the warehouse. They're very sturdy. Always wondered if one would be good for a reloading bench. They come in a choice of table top material. The solid maple top is very heavy. Might be worth a look:

                          Customize your work area with these packing tables. 1 3/4" thick maple top with rounded edges. Holds up to 500 lbs. 14" bottom shelf for additional storage. Adjustable steel legs 30 to 37" in 1 1/2" increments. Packing Table Accessories and pre-drilled Replacement Top available.

                          -Mark
                          Manufacturer of CA AWB Compliance Products from Oct 2009 to Nov 2018

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            saxman
                            Senior Member
                            • Dec 2007
                            • 555

                            I have one. Works well. I ended up wood gluing all the joints along with bolting everything together. Quite sturdy, but not perfectly rigid. I'm going to use some l brackets and bolt it to the studs of the wall it's on as well.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              gringo m
                              Member
                              • Apr 2014
                              • 328

                              I really like mine from Sam's Club. http://www.samsclub.com/sams/ultra-h...prod1490086.ip

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1