Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Think I sat my 147's too deep

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Par5In2
    Member
    • Aug 2015
    • 486

    Think I sat my 147's too deep

    147 xtremes, 3.3 TG, 1.102-1.106 oal

    Am I going to die when I pull the trigger? Should I pull theses and get them closer to 1.115?
    Originally posted by pacrat
    What part of Cuba are you located in, Havana? Or closer to Guantanamo?
  • #2
    rsrocket1
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2010
    • 2772

    Assuming your bullets are about .65" in length, you will raise the pressure about 1,500 psi with that load. Even if it were a top end load, it would put you from P to +P. In reality, it looks like you are actually going from 31 to 32.5k psi so you are still in the safe zone for standard 9mm.

    Have you shot these bullets with this charge before? If so, you probably won't feel the difference because the increase in velocity probably won't even register on a chronograph (calculated to be only about 7 fps). In reality 1/100" isn't going to make a real practical difference.

    If it were me, I'd shoot 'em. Just be more careful of your measurements in the future.

    Comment

    • #3
      Par5In2
      Member
      • Aug 2015
      • 486

      Originally posted by rsrocket1
      Assuming your bullets are about .65" in length, you will raise the pressure about 1,500 psi with that load. Even if it were a top end load, it would put you from P to +P. In reality, it looks like you are actually going from 31 to 32.5k psi so you are still in the safe zone for standard 9mm.

      Have you shot these bullets with this charge before? If so, you probably won't feel the difference because the increase in velocity probably won't even register on a chronograph (calculated to be only about 7 fps). In reality 1/100" isn't going to make a real practical difference.

      If it were me, I'd shoot 'em. Just be more careful of your measurements in the future.
      Have not shot this load before. The bullets are coming in at the Devil, aka .666. Such a careless mistake I made. At least I checked them before throwing them in the range bag. I'll fire a few off, and see if my gun stays in one piece.
      Originally posted by pacrat
      What part of Cuba are you located in, Havana? Or closer to Guantanamo?

      Comment

      • #4
        LeadPilot
        Senior Member
        • Jul 2013
        • 588

        I've loaded a million 147's behind 3.2gr of titegroup @1.10 without a problem, it's actually a soft load. At 3.5gr it starts to get fairly stout. Hodgdons load data shows a maximum of 3.6 @1.10. I don't think you'll die

        Comment

        • #5
          Par5In2
          Member
          • Aug 2015
          • 486

          Originally posted by LeadPilot
          I've loaded a million 147's behind 3.2gr of titegroup @1.10 without a problem, it's actually a soft load. At 3.5gr it starts to get fairly stout. Hodgdons load data shows a maximum of 3.6 @1.10. I don't think you'll die
          My man, 50 grand.

          Thanks, brotha!!
          Originally posted by pacrat
          What part of Cuba are you located in, Havana? Or closer to Guantanamo?

          Comment

          • #6
            Par5In2
            Member
            • Aug 2015
            • 486

            Originally posted by LeadPilot
            I've loaded a million 147's behind 3.2gr of titegroup @1.10 without a problem, it's actually a soft load. At 3.5gr it starts to get fairly stout. Hodgdons load data shows a maximum of 3.6 @1.10. I don't think you'll die
            in contrast, lol -

            Originally posted by ThompsonCustom
            Quickload is saying there about 44k psi so about 10k psi over standard rounds.

            Originally posted by IDescribe
            WHOAH! Yeah, those are seated .396 into the case and .396 is WAY too deep. Those definitely need to be pulled.

            The REAL question, however, is how you arrived at that OAL? Please explain so that we can [s]yell[/s] calmly discuss where you went wrong and how to proceed. Seriously, how did you arrive at that OAL?
            Originally posted by pacrat
            What part of Cuba are you located in, Havana? Or closer to Guantanamo?

            Comment

            • #7
              Par5In2
              Member
              • Aug 2015
              • 486

              Okay;

              My SP01 plunks at 1.20" - .015 gives me 1.185"

              I'm going to load 3.3gn Titegroup at 1.160" OAL and see where it gets me.
              Originally posted by pacrat
              What part of Cuba are you located in, Havana? Or closer to Guantanamo?

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1