Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Hosting a reloading class in Seal Beach

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Budd
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2007
    • 543

    Hosting a reloading class in Seal Beach

    Anyone interested?
    Last edited by Budd; 12-15-2008, 7:00 PM.
  • #2
    IRONH54
    Junior Member
    • Sep 2008
    • 6

    reloading class

    Have all ways wanted to learn and have some instruction. possibly interested PM with info
    IRONH54

    Comment

    • #3
      joaoalegre
      Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 221

      I am. I live in Fountain Valley.

      Jeremi

      Originally posted by Budd
      Anyone interested?

      Comment

      • #4
        andrewj
        Veteran Member
        • Sep 2008
        • 2589

        You got my attention...
        Dear California,
        I love you. I was born and raised in you. You have given me some of the best times of my life. Now with that said, I can not wait to move!
        Your prisoner,
        Andrew J.

        Comment

        • #5
          smokingloon
          Senior Member
          • Mar 2008
          • 1012

          Will you be reloading pistol or rifle cartridges?

          Comment

          • #6
            CHS
            Moderator Emeritus
            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
            • Jan 2008
            • 11338

            I would be interested in attending.
            Please read the Calguns Wiki
            Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.
            --Cesare, Marquis of Beccaria, "On Crimes and Punishment"

            Comment

            • #7
              Budd
              Senior Member
              • Jan 2007
              • 543

              I will be loading .308 Win - and if interested some pistol as well. For legal reasons I will not load any ammo for anyone else - only my personal consumption. This will give you an idea how it works. I will even let people pull the handle to get a "feel" for it. Ideally only 4-5 people local. Bring some of your own brass and we can take some measurements to see if it is within spec.

              All loads will be out of Hodgdon's load manual - nothing over.

              Rifle will be on a single stage - pistol would be on a Lee classic turret with the pro auto disc powder measure.

              Comment

              • #8
                Mickey3Gun
                Junior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 54

                Is Space Still Available?

                Budd, I've sent you a PM with all the questions. Sounds great!
                Duct tape is like 'The Force'. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
                sigpic
                2nd Amendment Foundation Life Member
                NRA Endowment Member
                NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
                NRA Certified Basic Rifle and Pistol Instructor

                Comment

                • #9
                  SonoftheRepublic
                  Junior Member
                  • Dec 2006
                  • 97

                  New Year's resolution is to get into re-loading. So if there's still room, I'd be interested as well.
                  www.appleseedinfo.org

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Budd
                    Senior Member
                    • Jan 2007
                    • 543

                    Let's pick a date. It can't be a Saturday - and if a Sunday only after church.

                    Many people have time off this week? Looks like I will have Wednesday off.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      joaoalegre
                      Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 221

                      Originally posted by Budd
                      Let's pick a date. It can't be a Saturday - and if a Sunday only after church.

                      Many people have time off this week? Looks like I will have Wednesday off.
                      If it's Wednesday late afternoon or early evening, I will show up to watch.

                      Jeremi

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        J6P
                        CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 258

                        ...
                        Last edited by J6P; 04-19-2009, 4:54 PM.
                        Originally posted by bigdawg86
                        use wolf ammo and after 5 rounds you wont see the rust anyways!

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          DC45
                          Member
                          • Feb 2008
                          • 394

                          I've got hundreds of .223 and would like to reload.
                          Right now, I'm just reloading pistol cartridges on a progressive and single-stage loading my 45-70.
                          Or is there a reloading service out there?
                          Dusty

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Budd
                            Senior Member
                            • Jan 2007
                            • 543

                            I am not going to load any ammo for anyone for legal reasons. This will/would be for basic instruction of equipment only.

                            I may cancel this for Wednesday unless I hear from others.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              DC45
                              Member
                              • Feb 2008
                              • 394

                              By the way, I work Wednesdays, but thanks for offering to host.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1