Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Is there a connection with plated bullets?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    noylj
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2010
    • 713

    >Glock says no to the lead, but okay to the plated.
    Glock also says NO to reloaded ammo, so I assume you ONLY shoot factory?

    Comment

    • #17
      noylj
      Senior Member
      • Oct 2010
      • 713

      >Were did you find your data? You are fully aware that 98% of the data having to do with plated bullet problems that you find on the internet is made up, aren't you?

      I assume this is a joke statement, to "combat" what you consider a joke statement?

      Comment

      • #18
        jericho89
        Senior Member
        • Aug 2011
        • 1129

        I think the problems with plated bullets has to do with who is plating them. Just like paint jobs there are good ones and there are poor ones. If you go bargain basement on the plating then you are more likely to have issues, if you go with a reputable company that has a standing track record for producing quality products then there are no issues.

        Comment

        • #19
          JustEd
          Senior Member
          • Apr 2012
          • 988

          Originally posted by TexasJackKin
          I've been using X-treme plated in 9, .40, and .45. Something in the neighborhood of 25,000 in the past couple of years, without any problems. I see a lot of folks at USPSA matches shooting plated bullets without any problems. (I realize that is not precision bulls eye shooting, but does require some degree of accuracy to be competitive). I load light, but have no problems making major with .40 and .45, although just barely, more for competitive reasons, not due to any bullet limitations.

          I do wish there were more plated specific recipes, as of now you kind of have to "read between the lines" between lead and jacketed.
          Agreed and I think people try to use plated for very heavy loads. The why eludes me as only a few are hollow point. And in the case of Raineer hp they state not to rely on them for personal defense. My xtreme rn for 45 is just a shade under factry ammo but extremely accurate. It makes my stock Sig 1911 shoot like a more expensive gun.

          Like with all things firearms, suspect it is people who know too little who create problems.

          Plus one on the loading data.
          "I think, therefore some people make me laugh"

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1