Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Primers on progressives- differences between brands?
Collapse
X
-
on the Dillon 650 I never had any issues with different primers, they have a nice priming system that uses a metal disk that rotates the primer under the case. I never had a jam or back up of primers getting to the case. They hold just over 100 primers in the system, have a low primer alarm, and if you have multiple tubes you can reload the system in a few seconds. -
-
I've used CCI, Winchester and federal SPP on my 650 without an issue. Yes it uses tubes you have to preload but 5-600 rounds is all I want to load without a break. Reloading tubes provides that break. After that many, it's usually time to refill the powder hopper anyway.
Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkLeave a comment:
-
CCI are my favorites on the XL 650.
The Winchester and Remington primers I have used don't have the slick coating that help them slide into brass like butter.Leave a comment:
-
I have about 50+ aps strips in various colors. Was the pro 2000 really a decent press? I thought it was a progressive and it did not sell so hot. Also, isn't it a 5 station as well? I was thinking of getting a 7 station if it was not too hard or expensive to change calibers on it as well...
THAT leaves me with a Dillon 1050 or a PC7...
But if I can live with a PC5 then I have other options too like a 650, LNL, 550 or hell, I was even thinking of getting a little pro-1000 since they are so tiny. They are just cute in a way that seems to work... :\
But really I DO want to see how RCBS puts together a progressive press. Even a piggyback on an RC would do it...Last edited by stilly; 10-14-2015, 1:36 AM.Leave a comment:
-
Primers on progressives- differences between brands?
Yeah so since it looks like Hornady and Dillon and RCBS all use those tubes on their presses, is there any system that is better than the other or do they all seem to follow a general path or design?
I like how I can load up about 200+ primers in my Lee Loadmaster, but the priming chute and the arm did not impress me but it could have been due to the 9mm shell plate being made for .40 and 9mm so if that one retainer is NOT lined up you get jacked up primers.
But I was thinking about the possibility of getting another press when I am hopefully soon in a position to do it and I have only two issues that I need to deal with. It seems that Primer tubes/ systems are weak spots in all presses and the second issue I have is how fast/easy the caliber changes are (as well as cost).
Rather than just go out and buy a PC7 maybe I should have a look at the other setups and see if the PC7 has a good priming system.
Someone bought a PC5 recently but I have not heard anything else on that really.
Anyways... I guess it will come down to Dillon vs Hornady vs RCBS, but maybe more like Dillon vs RCBS...Last edited by stilly; 10-14-2015, 1:32 AM.Tags: None
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,471
Posts: 25,148,113
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,927
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 24658 users online. 95 members and 24563 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Leave a comment: