Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Loading 9mm too hot

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    pacrat
    I need a LIFE!!
    • May 2014
    • 10285

    Some people not familiar with the "jargon". Mix protruding and mushroom up. Over the years I've seen some weird manifestations of after firing primers.

    In more than one instance. The primers were actually mushroomed slightly around the circumference. Once the primer protrudes, there is no longer any support at the side walls of the cup at the protruding portion. This portion can "bulge" a bit at the radius. Without enough pressure to reseat the primer. The bulged "mushroomed" portion remains above the primer pocket.

    IIRC, these instances were diagnosed as low pressure and excessive headspace combined.

    Weird crap happens

    Comment

    • #17
      Cheep
      Senior Member
      • Apr 2009
      • 1327

      I had a 9mm case blow out, broke the grips, bent the trigger bar, ejected the mag and was a sobering moment. It wasn't loaded hot but the brass was weak just above the groove, think glocked and resized.
      Originally posted by NOMADCHRIS
      your asking a question about asking a question ??? just ask the damn question!!!

      Comment

      • #18
        Fjold
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Oct 2005
        • 23060

        Hot 9mm loads are usually from people trying to make Major Power Factor for competition.
        Frank

        One rifle, one planet, Holland's 375




        Life Member NRA, CRPA and SAF

        Comment

        • #19
          J-cat
          Calguns Addict
          • May 2005
          • 6626

          Originally posted by Cheep
          I had a 9mm case blow out, broke the grips, bent the trigger bar, ejected the mag and was a sobering moment. It wasn't loaded hot but the brass was weak just above the groove, think glocked and resized.
          Think that Glock 9mm chambers are tighter than anyone else's. Therefore a 9mm Glock cannot "Glock" a 9mm case.

          Comment

          • #20
            Friesland
            Senior Member
            • Mar 2014
            • 873

            "Hot 9mm loads are usually from people trying to make Major Power Factor for competition."

            Just a serious question from someone that has never shot off a 9mm round;

            Believe I've read (web surfing) about "machine gun, Nato" 9mm ammo and not to use these in 9mm pistols?

            Last thing I want to happen is my Lady having a 9mm pistol blowing-up in her hands!
            "It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."-
            Samuel Adams

            Comment

            • #21
              J-cat
              Calguns Addict
              • May 2005
              • 6626

              SMG ammo won't blow up your 9mm, but it will wear out your gun faster and will break stuff on your gun unless it is set up for SMG ammo.

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1