Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

so i finally cleaned up my reloading room....

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • bsumoba
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 2012
    • 4217

    so i finally cleaned up my reloading room....

    You wouldn't believe the kind of stuff you would find and the amount of mess there truly is when reloading. Just to give people an idea, I made sure there was as little stuff in the vacuum to begin with and started cleaning out the nooks and crannies of the room. I heard a lot of stuff going into the vacuum....spent primers, powder that spilled on floor or on the table and underneath other stuff, bullets that rolled off the table for freedom, brass shavings, etc.

    For fun, I measured how much powder I vacuumed up and it amounted to about 10gr of various pistol and rifle powders. I would guess there is more that I can't get out of the vacuum. I found probably 30-50 spent primers and 3 bullets (9mm and two 55gr .223 FMJs).

    I then decided to organize the room and saw that I had a lot of nylon and bronze brushes all over the place, I found one never used SP primers (1000ct boxes) in a bin that my 9mm bullets were in (I haven't loaded for 9mm in probably 6-8 months) that I forgot about or misplaced. I found my primer pocket cleaning tool along with some chamfer and deburr tools mixed with my screwdrivers and socket wrenches, spare parts for the progressive, and the gold jewell find...I found my pair of mitutoyo digital calipers that I thought I lost.

    Moral of the story, it might pay to clean up the reloading room. Who knows what you'll find.
    Visit- www.barrelcool.com
    The Original Chamber Flag and Barrel Cooler in 1
    Instagram: barrelcool_

  • #2
    sealocan
    Calguns Addict
    • Mar 2012
    • 9956

    Nice. I always find goodies like that whenever I do my cleaning....

    come to think of it...that is probably why I am doing the cleaning in the first place....
    I've lost something.

    Comment

    • #3
      'ol shooter
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 2011
      • 4646

      I just moved from a walk in closet to a spare bedroom, and my wife said, "How did you get all this stuff into that little room?"
      sigpic
      Bob B.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(")

      Comment

      • #4
        Mike402
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2012
        • 555

        Pics or it didn't happen

        Comment

        • #5
          FromTheGrave
          Senior Member
          • Jun 2014
          • 646

          Comment

          • #6
            croue
            Senior Member
            • Jan 2013
            • 1255

            And I was thinking to myself as I read the 'what I found' - Hmmm, sounds like it wasn't all that messy to begin with.

            Comment

            • #7
              bsumoba
              Veteran Member
              • Sep 2012
              • 4217

              Originally posted by Mike402
              Pics or it didn't happen
              Originally posted by FromTheGrave
              I'm not going to show my secret sauce room. For my eyes only

              I don't have a picture of it before, but I remember my wife telling me I took over the guest room with all my crap. Now it just looks like I took over the guest room, but its clean....and I made room for more stuff while not making it look like I added more things in there.
              Visit- www.barrelcool.com
              The Original Chamber Flag and Barrel Cooler in 1
              Instagram: barrelcool_

              Comment

              • #8
                toddh
                Banned
                • Dec 2010
                • 1914

                My reloading room has some spiders living in the nooks and crannies.

                I leave them alone....they leave me alone.



                But yeah...there is probably a hundred or so spent primers scattered around on the floor.

                Comment

                • #9
                  bruceflinch
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Jan 2006
                  • 40155

                  Originally posted by sealocan
                  Nice. I always find goodies like that whenever I do my cleaning....

                  come to think of it...that is probably why I am doing the cleaning in the first place....
                  I've lost something.
                  I hate when you have to clean to find something...BOTOH I found a ammo can of .45 I had forgotten about, once.

                  Originally posted by toddh
                  My reloading room has some spiders living in the nooks and crannies.
                  I leave them alone....they leave me alone.
                  But yeah...there is probably a hundred or so spent primers scattered around on the floor.
                  For a Bully, you are kind of a panty waist.
                  Actually I only started collecting Milsurps 3 years ago. I think I might own about 24...They're cheaper than guns that will most likely never get the opportunity to kill somebody...

                  I belong to the group that uses firearms, and knows which bathroom to use.

                  Tis better to have Trolled & lost, Than to never have Trolled, at all.

                  Secret Club Member?.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    RR.44
                    CGSSA Leader
                    • Mar 2012
                    • 1933

                    I cleaned up my ammo storage closet and found some .44 mag. I had reloaded some time ago and some .45 I had been looking for.

                    I guess we should clean up more often.
                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      TexasJackKin
                      Senior Member
                      • Jul 2014
                      • 718

                      Yup, when I can't find something I start cleaning until I find it, I almost always find a few bonus items in the process.
                      Mike M.
                      Dayton, NV
                      NRA Life member
                      Front Sight DG
                      CRPA, USPSA, AOPA, EAA, CCW: NV, CA & AZ
                      Yes, I'm related to Texas Jack

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Knight1212
                        Junior Member
                        • Feb 2014
                        • 66

                        What is this cleaning thing you speak of?

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          bsumoba
                          Veteran Member
                          • Sep 2012
                          • 4217

                          Originally posted by Knight1212
                          What is this cleaning thing you speak of?
                          you know...the one that keeps the wife happy because it is clean and helps clear more room for new toys that she will never know I had
                          Visit- www.barrelcool.com
                          The Original Chamber Flag and Barrel Cooler in 1
                          Instagram: barrelcool_

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            ditchdigger
                            Senior Member
                            • Nov 2010
                            • 976

                            My reloading bench is in my garage. My garage floor had some cracks in it that I decided to repair.

                            I was using my grinder to open the cracks a little bit and then I was going to fill the cracks with mortar.

                            Finding the first primer with the grinder was a little startling.

                            I was wearing gloves, eye and ear protection, and a respirator mask.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Cpetersen
                              Senior Member
                              • Sep 2011
                              • 803

                              Were your shorts filled with "crack filler" after the grinder and primer met?
                              I want to live everyday like this...



                              WTB:
                              SVT40 : CZ82 : Bulgarian Makarov : Chinese Makarov : Russian Military Makarov : Manurhin M73

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1