Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Dillon case feeder

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • boomer135
    replied
    I had a few problems with my micro switch, so today while placing an order I had them warranty me a couple. Funny thing is a case feeder doesn't even show on my order history.

    When I bought it, I added it to my buddys order to save shipping. I didn't have to explain that to them. I just asked for it and they are sending it/ (no BS confirmed once again)

    On my last order I busted a pistol decapping pin. they sent me 20 pistol decapping pins under warranty.

    I have never had any problem getting a part from Dillon under warranty. Even if it's my fault.

    Leave a comment:


  • xfer42
    replied
    Make sure its the "Cherry" one. Those are very light switches. Most micro switches cannot be switched with just the weight of the case.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dragon
    replied
    I think all theses parts can be found at Grainger.. I believe I found they have the micro switch.

    Leave a comment:


  • JDay
    replied
    Originally posted by stilly
    0o0o0o0 Scratch scratch scratch.... Liber got a "NO BS" Moded trying to school me...



    Good info here. I will certainly have a look at it when I get it.
    Originally posted by liber
    I sure did...

    What type of BS warranty is that on electronics? LOL

    I guess a year ain't bad...
    To be fair the only part that is only covered for a year is the motor. They're pretty cheap to replace.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bigtls1
    replied
    Mine went out earlier this year too. They didn't replace it because of the 1 year warranty on electronics. It's a shame, it was the only part I've broken on my press and they didn't warranty it. Just my luck.

    Leave a comment:


  • liber
    replied
    Originally posted by stilly
    0o0o0o0 Scratch scratch scratch.... Liber got a "NO BS" Moded trying to school me...

    I sure did...

    What type of BS warranty is that on electronics? LOL

    I guess a year ain't bad...

    Leave a comment:


  • stilly
    replied
    Originally posted by JDay
    Check the shutoff switch in the drop tube. Sometimes it sticks.



    Dillon only warranties electronic components for a year.
    0o0o0o0 Scratch scratch scratch.... Liber got a "NO BS" Moded trying to school me...



    Good info here. I will certainly have a look at it when I get it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dragon
    replied
    Originally posted by xfer42
    Thats an induction motor that should never burn out.
    Bypass the white case switch and test. If that "cherry" micro switch is broken, I can send you one. Ive got a big 'ol bag of those.
    lol I figured I would do just that . It was not working so what's there to lose I thought . I was thinking it shouldn't be the motor either , and it wasn't. took it a part ,motor works fine , but one of the switches didn't , not sure which it was ,but I put it back together ,and it started to work again. Like you mentioned it could be that micro switch lol. I doubt the power switch is bad.

    Thank you for the offer. very kind of you.
    Last edited by Dragon; 08-02-2015, 3:59 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • xfer42
    replied
    Thats an induction motor that should never burn out.
    Bypass the white case switch and test. If that "cherry" micro switch is broken, I can send you one. Ive got a big 'ol bag of those.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dragon
    replied
    thanks guys,but I checked all the usual issues. took it off the loader dumped all the shells ,and took the shell plate out ,wiggle the shut off switch,and no action. I guess the motor burnt up .

    Thanks for the reply's anyway.

    Leave a comment:


  • JDay
    replied
    Check the shutoff switch in the drop tube. Sometimes it sticks.

    Originally posted by liber
    If the motor is not working, you should call Dillon, they will replace it for you...another reason to buy Dillon, the no BS warranty! You don't get that with Hornady! (threw that in for stilly! )
    Dillon only warranties electronic components for a year.

    Leave a comment:


  • liber
    replied
    Originally posted by Dragon
    Anyone have an issue with their case feeder just stop working on their xl650 ? Any fix other than buying a new one ? Mine is not even a year and a half old yet
    I'll be quick as I have a club picnic tomorrow...but it is the motor or is it just the clutch that is slipping.

    Check the clutch, which is the 2 set screws, they tighten/loosen the plate assembly to allow it to slip. If it is set too lite, it will not rotate, slipping. This is by design so that it will not burn out your motor.

    You can try taking all the cases out of the feeder and see if it spins, if it does, then it's your clutch. If the motor is not working, you should call Dillon, they will replace it for you...another reason to buy Dillon, the no BS warranty! You don't get that with Hornady! (threw that in for stilly! )

    Leave a comment:


  • Dragon
    started a topic Dillon case feeder

    Dillon case feeder

    Anyone have an issue with their case feeder just stop working on their xl650 ? Any fix other than buying a new one ? Mine is not even a year and a half old yet
Working...
UA-8071174-1