Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Selling brass

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    liber
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2014
    • 1868

    Originally posted by JMP
    That's not true. If you shoot near a 416 Barrett shooter, he isn't all that likely to reload the ammo as most folks do not reload for that cartridge. That brass is the very nice thick 50 BMG gauge brass. It ain't no lapua formed to 416 Barrett, but it ain't cheap and forming your own 416 Barrett isn't an undertaking many are willing to do. That's the one type of expensive case that I've gotten a fair amount of from the range.
    Sure, but the OP said he had 9mm 45acp 223 556 and 308.

    Even people that reload 308 tend to pick up their brass, especially if it's any type of match. I haven't left a single match case at my range.

    I'd like to buy some 223 match, I'd pay $0.20/ea for them. Otherwise I'll buy Lapua 223 match for $0.60/ea. I don't need the highest quality brass as I'm shooting it in ARs, just that I don't mind buying quality components if I'm going to spend the time to reload it.

    Originally posted by JMP
    Small primer Lapua brass is rare as it would be shot by someone who reloaded. If you pick up a piece of Lapua ammo, it has probably been shot 17 times and won't hold a primer, but you don't see much small primer Lapua as those primer pockets are hard to kill.
    I see very little brass being left at the range I go to. The guys shooting steel Tula and the likes will leave it...and I've left some PMC in the past, even so I pick most of it up.
    sigpic
    --------- liber --------

    From my cold dead end mill...

    Comment

    Working...
    UA-8071174-1