Hey Guys and Gals,
I'm looking for a starting point for a load work up with the following components:
Hi-Skor 800-X
Winchester WSPM Primers
Missouri Bullet 180gn "Pugnose" RNFP Bullet
Steve's pages has a 180gn load for this powder, and an older IMR handloader's guide I have has data for 170gn and 200gn bullets, but Hogdon themselves replied to my inquiry that they have no load data for this combo.
Aside from the normal "start low, work up slow, check constantly for pressure signs, bring a squib stick", does anyone have any experience with this specific powder and an identical or similar bullet?
While I'm always open to suggestions for different powders, I'm not in a logistic or financial position to go propellant shopping right now, so anyone with experience specifically with this load using 800-X would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
I'm looking for a starting point for a load work up with the following components:
Hi-Skor 800-X
Winchester WSPM Primers
Missouri Bullet 180gn "Pugnose" RNFP Bullet
Steve's pages has a 180gn load for this powder, and an older IMR handloader's guide I have has data for 170gn and 200gn bullets, but Hogdon themselves replied to my inquiry that they have no load data for this combo.
Aside from the normal "start low, work up slow, check constantly for pressure signs, bring a squib stick", does anyone have any experience with this specific powder and an identical or similar bullet?
While I'm always open to suggestions for different powders, I'm not in a logistic or financial position to go propellant shopping right now, so anyone with experience specifically with this load using 800-X would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Comment