Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unbelievable prices on 30-06 from CMP

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • dboy4ever
    Junior Member
    • Sep 2008
    • 85

    Unbelievable prices on 30-06 from CMP

    Man, 400 rounds for $100. For real? Well I know it's for real since it's CMP, but still hard to believe.



    What's the catch? I know the website says there may be corrosions, but I researched their ammo on google, and they seem OK.

    So what's the catch? Other than having to join a CMP-affiliated club?
  • #2
    icormba
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2005
    • 1826

    It was even cheaper than that a few months back!

    No catch...

    "The Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP) promotes firearms safety training and rifle practice for all qualified U.S. citizens with special emphasis on youth. The CMP operates through a network of affiliated shooting clubs and associations that covers every state in the U.S. The clubs and associations offer firearms safety training and marksmanship courses as well as the opportunity for continued practice and competition.

    The CMP was created by the U.S. Congress. The original purpose was to provide civilians an opportunity to learn and practice marksmanship skills so they would be skilled marksmen if later called on to serve the U.S. military. Over the years the emphasis of the program shifted to focus on youth development through marksmanship. From 1916 until 1996 the CMP was administered by the U.S. Army. The National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 1996 (TITLE XVI) created the Corporation for the Promotion of Rifle Practice & Firearms Safety, Inc. (CPRPFS) to take over administration and promotion of the CMP. The CPRPFS is a tax exempt not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization that derives its mission from public law."
    Chris
    http://www.m1garand.net

    Comment

    • #3
      Mac Attack
      Senior Member
      • Apr 2008
      • 2127

      I have shot the greek ammo and it is good to go. However isn't magnetic ammo now allowed in CA?

      Comment

      • #4
        Full Clip
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Dec 2006
        • 10266

        At some ranges -- yes.

        Comment

        • #5
          Nodda Duma
          • Nov 2007
          • 3455

          That is good ammo. I just recently got some of this stuff in. It's $116 per 400 rds and a 50 cal ammo can. The case may have some minor surface corrosion due to brass reacting with the glue in the boxes they use, but it does not affect functionality.

          -Jason
          Looking for photos for your wall?
          Help feed my children by clicking here.

          Comment

          • #6
            5hundo
            Banned
            • Jun 2008
            • 2210

            I think the better deal is the 192 round can for $60, with the ammo already held in 8 round Garand clips. Of course, it's only cool if you have a Garand but It's nice to pull a clip out of the "Spam" can and keep shooting. Plus, for guys like me, who don't have a large collection of Garand clips yet, it's a nice way to get a bunch of them...

            ...and I haven't seen one spot of corrosion on any of the rounds in the can!
            Last edited by 5hundo; 10-30-2008, 10:33 AM.

            Comment

            Working...
            UA-8071174-1