Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Paper Substitute for a Business Card

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • vospertw
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2012
    • 791

    Paper Substitute for a Business Card

    I need an average young person... or a really smart old person... to help me figure out a way to make some flyers. I'm an NRA volunteer and always trying to generate new members and new volunteers. I have business cards for when I meet people in person. I'd like to develop a flyer that I could put in gun shops, gun ranges, etc. with my contact information that doesn't require people to write it down.

    Obviously, I could leave a bunch of cards, but that system requires more ongoing maintenance. What is the new "thing" these days? I could do it with a QR code but have the feeling that those have already been leapfrogged by some other technology - plus my own personal bias in that I've never actually used one. Maybe the best bet is to put the contact info in nice clear contrast with no clutter so someone could take a quick picture?

    Any help would be appreciated.
    Jesus Saves!
  • #2
    tradecraft
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 2008
    • 4630

    Create an instagram account and leave your link on the flyer. QR codes were a stupid idea to begin with - nobody scans them.
    Link to my feedback: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...ser-tradecraft

    Comment

    • #3
      vospertw
      Senior Member
      • Apr 2012
      • 791

      Thanks tradecraft. Exactly what I needed.
      Jesus Saves!

      Comment

      • #4
        ldsnet
        Senior Member
        • Oct 2008
        • 1422

        The rip-off tabs at the bottom of a page are probably the easiest way. People rarely scan or take pictures to remember stuff. They are holding a mobile brick in their hand and most tap the potential to the device beyond pictures, facebook and text messages.

        Comment

        • #5
          vospertw
          Senior Member
          • Apr 2012
          • 791

          Idsnet - I hear you. I was hoping for a more elegant solution but maybe I'll use both methods. Thinking I could put both my email and Facebook page address on the tabs. Was also thinking I could print a row of small adhesive labels and tape it near the bottom of the flyer. That way I could keep the same flyer up and only have to replace the row of labels from time to time.
          Jesus Saves!

          Comment

          • #6
            the_natterjack
            Senior Member
            • Dec 2006
            • 1056

            Make a smaller flyer 4 up ( 4 copies on one sheet ), take it down to a copy shop and have 500 copies made for $20 - $30, have them cut it into 1/4 and make into note pads of 50 sheets each for another $20 - $30.

            This would give you 40 pads to drop off at 40 locations, with 2000 contacts.

            Not bad for $50-$60 dollars.

            Picked that up at a marketing forum where a guy was talking about promoting his painting business.

            - Brian

            Comment

            Working...
            UA-8071174-1