Those things can sometimes do more harm than good. If the apps are constantly running to detect apps that are going rogue/eating lots of memory-it also drains battery. Self defeating purpose. Especially if you have it aggressively try to shut everything off constantly. That eats up even more battery than if you just left it be.
Galaxy s 2? Never had that one but it's pretty old if it is. Battery life has improved since 2011. My gs3 had no problems lasting all day. My 2011 thunderbolt was terrible with the battery and the infant 4G radio tech that was constantly sucking the phone dry.
I decided to go modest last Oct and opted for a moto x. Doesn't have the top of the line specs or all the frills, also doesn't have a 1080p 5inch screen that murders battery, but it's optimized. Can easily go the whole day, even two if I leave it be. Only negative is the amoled screen burn in that comes with the tech. Can't have everything, though.
If you have an upgrade, I'd recommend looking at that. It's an older phone(in phone life that = >6 months) and the next gen version is slated to come out soon... So that means you can probably get it for free or extremely low priced. I have no slowdowns with this phone. Runs everything butter smooth.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Windows phone sucks!!!!
Collapse
X
-
I'm currently using a GS2 and the battery life sucks. It doesn't last more than 8 hours on standby with just notifications. This is with battery doctor, greenify, and wakelock detector installed. While the app selection is great, it's just sucks as far as notifications, phone going silent whenever it feels like it. The worse part is the GPS management. There is none. On a windows phone, it turns on when it's needed, and shuts down when it's not. On android, it has to be done manually, otherwise you battery will be dead in four hours. Except for the app selection, windows phone is a much better phone.Leave a comment:
-
I'm happy with my Nokia Lumia 920, works out of the box with my employer's Exchange server and comes preinstalled with a copy of MS Office so I can view Word/Excel documents perfectly. I love the OneNote feature too, synchronizes notes I take automatically.
It also comes with free GPS maps! I'm talking about foreign cities too, like London, Paris and Tel-Aviv, places where I've used them. No data connection required, you load them up and use them free with no data roaming charges while you're overseas.
I use it mainly for work however, I don't have facebook page and I don't watch Youtube videos on it (there's a Netflix app for it which I installed only used a couple of times).
So if you're using your phone for work and travel overseas a fair bit, the Windows 8 based Nokia phones are great. For social stuff, I'm not sure, since I do my socializing on the range and not on my phone.
Leave a comment:
-
I have the Nokia Lumia 1520. I have a Lumia 920 & 900 as well. Get's the job done for me and I am a heavy app user. All the pps I need are there. It is a great display for GPS too. The live tile interface is the bomb! Best part is the security of the WP OS compared to Android.
Sorry to hear about your poor choice.Leave a comment:
-
I got the Lumia 928 about a month ago after having a Droid X for a couple years. It does everything I want it to do and is quicker doing it than the Droid. I use it as a tool, not as entertainment.
Of course, I also have absolutely no interest in facebook, any other social media app, or surfing the web on a tiny screen when I have a 37" computer monitor at home and multiple 24" monitors at work. I don't consider my phone a "web-surfing device" If I happen to need to use the browser on it for a function I will, but I don't use it for surfing. If I'm out and about, I'm usually either shooting, moving, or communicating, not standing in line at starbucks for a latte and surfing the web. I do admit I also shop for essentials, you know food, water, beer; if I'm in line at the checkout counter I don't feel the need to be playing "angry ducks" or surfing the OT.
Call me an old fogey(which I am), or a troglodyte, or whatever, but I don't need constant stimulation from my phone. That's what my brain is for.
BTW, I've browsed the app store for hours on my pc and still haven't gotten through all the available apps.
JohnLeave a comment:
-
Using a WP8 right now and I haven't been happier. No they don't have as many apps as the others (has everything I need), but the OS is rock solid. My last Android would take forever to switch between apps and functions and WP8 leaves the wife's IPhone in the dust. YMMV
Leave a comment:
-
Windows phones are as useful as an iPhone...
"Not at all" to anybody who runs circles around iPhone users on an Android, even without a physical keyboard.Leave a comment:
-
IMO , Windows and apps should NEVER go together. Only using Windows8 on PC because of multi core support. Never used an app here either. I have apps on my Droid where they belong.Leave a comment:
-
Windows phone sucks!!!!
Bought the Lumia Icon and this phone sucks the big one.
If all you want is the camera it's great but no one makes apps for windows phone. So that popular app you like to use won't be available. FB app sucks on it and there isn't even a youtube app for it that doesn't just open up your browser to youtube.com. There are some off brand crappy one but you'll be giving them your name and password to some guy in India.
Just a cool starry bra in case someone is on the fence about a windows phone.Tags: None
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,836
Posts: 25,152,232
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,793
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 11553 users online. 122 members and 11431 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Leave a comment: