Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

ATTN: AUDIOPHILES!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • REDPATCHUSMC
    CGSSA Wine Country Chapt.
    CGN Contributor
    • Feb 2010
    • 1232

    ATTN: AUDIOPHILES!

    Moving into our first home next week.

    We plan on buying a new 55" TV for the living room. EVENTUALLY, I plan on installing speakers for a true surround sound experience. Until then I want decent sound.

    Here is the question:

    BOSE Cinemate system VS. A good sound bar?
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands
    around reloading"





    -- Thomas Jefferson
  • #2
    pitbull30
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 2005
    • 3053

    Not sure which Bose Cinemate you are referring to...I'd apply my cash to a full system. Lots of useful info here.

    Home theater discussion forums powered by Audioholics.com Free registration and guests can post.

    Comment

    • #3
      audiophil2
      Senior Member
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Jan 2007
      • 8736

      Bose is horrible.
      sigpic


      Private 10 acre range rentals
      [/URL]

      Comment

      • #4
        tradecraft
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 2008
        • 4630

        A good sound bar. BOSE is junk.
        Link to my feedback: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...ser-tradecraft

        Comment

        • #5
          AAShooter
          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
          CGN Contributor
          • May 2010
          • 7188

          As they say: "No Highs? No Lows? Must be Bose!"

          Comment

          • #6
            the_natterjack
            Senior Member
            • Dec 2006
            • 1056

            Buy a 5.1 receiver, two front speakers, and a sub. Run it as a two channel stereo system with a sub.

            Later on, buy a center and two rear speakers, make sure you match the audio range of the existing speakers, change your configuration to 5.1 surround.

            - Brian

            Comment

            • #7
              REDPATCHUSMC
              CGSSA Wine Country Chapt.
              CGN Contributor
              • Feb 2010
              • 1232

              Originally posted by pitbull30
              Not sure which Bose Cinemate you are referring to...I'd apply my cash to a full system. Lots of useful info here.

              http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/

              Great link! Thank you! Tons of info!
              ------------------------------------------------------
              "Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands
              around reloading"





              -- Thomas Jefferson

              Comment

              • #8
                nestle19
                Senior Member
                • Feb 2013
                • 523

                I got a sounbar since I did not want to run wires all over the place. Its no 5.1 but I am really impressed with it. Its the JBL soundbar by the way.
                sigpicNRA member.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Cowboy T
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Mar 2010
                  • 5725

                  I actually like the sound of certain Bose speakers, but mine are the 901's. The 5-speaker Acoustimass is also pretty good, at least to my ears. This is so subjective that you really need to audition your speakers before you buy 'em if you want optimal sound for you.

                  This may not exactly fit the official surround-sound specs, but if you have the space, I'd recommend a pair of Klipsch La Scala's, a pair of 901's, and some sort of low-end sub. I actually built a pair of 'em with one reasonably priced 15" woofer each, powered by a Carver M-1.5t. The 901's are powered by another M-1.5t, and the La Scala's are powered by a Sumo Polaris. This system handles the 1812 Overture (including cannons) very well, even cranked up, as well as the audio from the new Transformers movies. Crystal clear.
                  "San Francisco Liberal With A Gun"
                  F***ing with people's heads, one gun show at a time. Hallelujah!
                  http://www.sanfranciscoliberalwithagun.com (reloading info w/ videos)
                  http://www.liberalsguncorner.com (podcast)
                  http://www.youtube.com/sfliberal (YouTube channel)
                  ----------------------------------------------------
                  To be a true Liberal, you must be 100% pro-Second Amendment. Anything less is inconsistent with liberalism.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    iron330
                    Member
                    • May 2011
                    • 415

                    The words "Bose" and "audiophile" should never, ever be used together.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Barbarossa
                      Veteran Member
                      • Aug 2008
                      • 4436

                      BOSE = Koolaid
                      Looking for a 3" Magnum 870 $200-$250ish

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        dalucifer
                        Member
                        • Jan 2012
                        • 328

                        If you can afford it, Martin Logan.. Bose is garbage..

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          NYT
                          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                          CGN Contributor
                          • Apr 2011
                          • 3811

                          Originally posted by iron330
                          The words "Bose" and "audiophile" should never, ever be used together.
                          lol, no doubt.

                          how much money we talking about spending here?

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Barbarossa
                            Veteran Member
                            • Aug 2008
                            • 4436

                            Hey what is you guys opinion on Definitive Technologies?

                            I just got a 65" Samsung Plasma.

                            Video Only had a package deal with a sound bar, etc...

                            They credited me for the sound bar, and I picked up a Yamaha RX-A830 Def Tec 12 powered sub and a def tech center channel.

                            I'm using some cheap sony left and right channel speakers which I already had for now.
                            Looking for a 3" Magnum 870 $200-$250ish

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              NYT
                              CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                              CGN Contributor
                              • Apr 2011
                              • 3811

                              i have the same plasma. its a great tv. you want to match your speakers, dont mix and match. i would recommend jbl, just buy a satellite speaker set from frys. the receiver you are using should work perfectly fine.
                              Last edited by NYT; 12-28-2013, 10:22 AM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1