Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
disaster secure hard drives
Collapse
X
-
"Just leave me alone, I know what to do." - Kimi Raikkonen
The moment the idea is admitted into society, that property is not as sacred as the laws of God, and that there is not a force of law and public justice to protect it, anarchy and tyranny commence.' and that `Property is surely a right of mankind as real as liberty.'
- John Adams
http://www.usdebtclock.org/ -
I personally wouldn't buy that "disaster proof" hard drive. Others have mentioned it and I feel the same way; put it in a online backup service. The one that I recommend is Crash Plan. They have a good encryption system, and they have software to automatically backup your files offsite so you don't have to remember to do it manually.
If a quality online backup service is too expensive, I would just get a 3.5 inch hard drive and external hard drive enclosure (making your own portable hard drive). I would recommend doing this over buying a off-the-shelf external drive because you can pick out a high quality hard drive and end up with a better external drive than if you were to just get a pre-assembled one. Throw it in a fire safe if you're worried about fire and maybe a ziplock bag might help with water.
If you still feel like your data is vulnerable, make a copy of it to another hard drive/flash drive and give it to a family member that lives elsewhere.Comment
-
I seldom have a hard drive last over 2 years.
If you are going to store long term use a solid state hard drive.
I keep a clone drive for my computer.
lose a hard drive and you can just pop in your clone drive and be back online in 15 minutes. Then the next day clone a new drive.
I reclone my drive about once a month so i have lost very little data in the last 10 years since i had to format and clean load win XP.Last edited by augoldminer; 06-06-2013, 1:40 AM.Comment
-
-
I wouldn't trust MY data to an on-line backup company, as SOME of these coincide with my reasons: http://www.kadansky.com/files/newsle...012_06_27.html
I like to have exclusive access to my data... and pr0n.Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,779
Posts: 25,151,581
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,815
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 22339 users online. 130 members and 22209 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment