A quality UPS is worth the money… I use an APC Smart UPS 1500. Great unit and has saved my bacon on multiple occasions.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Power outage and computers
Collapse
X
-
I have the APC BR1500LCD 1500VA, bought it in 2010 and was connected to a couple of servers that were moved to data center earlier this year. So it was basically sitting idle at home (I work from home).
I feel a little stupid now that I think about it, I had this nice (and rather expensive) UPS sitting idle and a server that stores many of my files got zapped. Should have connected it up.
Good thing it was only a couple of memory modules, I have spares (joy of a home office, you have many spare computer parts...) so it wasn't too bad.Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,892
Posts: 25,152,850
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,763
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 33402 users online. 132 members and 33270 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment