I have a domain registered at 1and1 plan to sell products, drop shipped from manufacture/ wholesaler, as well as download 'do it yourself instructions" 1and1 has a complete template package for @$29.00 a month to service this type of website. Is that price out of line? I'll be selling do it yourself PV solar components and plans / instructions. Seems a little pricey or is that about right? Anything special (landmines) to watch for with a service provider contract on this type of activity, don't want to get killed with the fine print. Thanks for any advice/ info.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Which web package template
Collapse
X
-
Tags: None
-
I actually work as an iPhone/web developer, but unfortunately I don't know much about these package deals from shared hosts.
What I can tell you however, is that a cheap shared host is going to be in the $5-$10/month range, and a bare bones VPS (next best level of hosting) is going to be at least $20/month. On top of that, you need some one to set everything up and develop a site for you, which is thousands of dollars on the low end. So, if they have something that is easy for you to use, and pre-packaged so that you don't have to do much work tech-wise, $30/month is relatively cheap.
As far as landmines/fine print, make sure they are PCI compliant (regulations when dealing with credit cards) and see how you get your money when a customer pays.
If you have a link to their sales page, I might be able to give you more info -
That seems kinda high to me; look around for other hosting sites like Host Gator, Blue Host, etc. Then look into which CMS (Content Management System) you like the most and what kind of templates/skins that are available for it. I know Wordpress has a bunch of free (and paid) eCommerce themes to download so that's one option.Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,591
Posts: 25,149,543
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,889
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 34873 users online. 141 members and 34732 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment