Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Entertainment center too hot!?!?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    verapakill
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2010
    • 1185

    Originally posted by sholling
    Heat will damage electronics fast, fortunately there are reasonably priced solutions. I used a coolerguys thermostatically controlled switch to power a pair of super quiet 120mm computer case fans in one of my racks. I went the budget route with a fixed swtichpower supply) but they also have programmable switches ($35 plus power supply). Or you can just buy a kit from them. Generally you want to pull heat out through the back of the cabinet. On the other hand other than the X-Box I don't see anything like a receiver would be generating a lot of heat so you could just keep the X-Box where it is.

    FWIW I've also used an 8" notebook cooler powered off of a USB charger plugged into a switched outlet to cool a heat generating monster of a receiver.
    The xbox is the only heat monster right now I have another receiver that I want to put in there as well but I need to find some speakers first
    sigpic
    Like my Signature??? Want a custom Sig for free? Click the link and add your needs
    http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=333574

    Comment

    • #17
      Drey
      Member
      • Nov 2009
      • 222



      Cut 2 holes on the back, use one fan as an intake and another as an exaust. The system has a thermo pair set at 86F and will turn itself on and off. Super silent.

      Comment

      • #18
        Drey
        Member
        • Nov 2009
        • 222



        Cut 2 holes on the back, use one fan as an intake and another as an exaust. The system has a thermo pair set at 86F and will turn itself on and off. Super silent.

        Comment

        • #19
          sholling
          I need a LIFE!!
          CGN Contributor
          • Sep 2007
          • 10360

          Originally posted by verapakill
          The xbox is the only heat monster right now I have another receiver that I want to put in there as well but I need to find some speakers first
          What's your budget? Audio is my other expensive hobby . If you want to support SoCal companies there are Ascend Acoustics (great speakers) and Hsu Research (great subwoofers).
          "Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." --FREDERIC BASTIAT--

          Proud Life Member: National Rifle Association, the Second Amendment Foundation, and the California Rifle & Pistol Association

          Comment

          • #20
            Scratch705
            I need a LIFE!!
            • May 2009
            • 12537

            first off, put the xbox down and not standing up. the air intake on the xbox's are on the right side, or bottom side if standing up.
            Originally posted by leelaw
            Because -ohmigosh- they can add their opinions, too?
            Originally posted by SoCalSig1911
            Preppers canceled my order this afternoon because I called them a disgrace... Not ordering from those clowns again.
            Originally posted by PrepperGunShop
            Truthfully, we cancelled your order because of your lack of civility and your threats ... What is a problem is when you threaten my customer service team and make demands instead of being civil. Plain and simple just don't be an a**hole (where you told us to shove it).

            Comment

            • #21
              ldivinag
              In Memoriam
              • Oct 2005
              • 4858

              check the back of your receiver.

              it may have one or two power plugs back there that are wired to turn on and off with the receiver.

              then connect the fans to it...
              leo d.

              Comment

              • #22
                Yugo
                Calguns Addict
                • Feb 2011
                • 8399

                Originally posted by ldivinag
                check the back of your receiver.

                it may have one or two power plugs back there that are wired to turn on and off with the receiver.

                then connect the fans to it...
                id you have a receiver then you dont need what we talked about....but if you dont then the link to that auto switch is exactly what I was talking about building but a 120v relay not 12v like that one.
                sigpic

                Originally posted by WAMO556
                Voting for Donald Trump is the protest vote against: Keynesian economics, Neocon wars, exporting jobs, open borders, Washington criminal cartel, too big to fail banks and too big to jail pols and banksters.

                Cutting off foreign aid to EVERY country and dismantling the police/surveillance state!

                Umm yeah!!!!!

                Comment

                • #23
                  verapakill
                  Senior Member
                  • Aug 2010
                  • 1185

                  Originally posted by Drey
                  http://www.activethermal.com/page15.html

                  Cut 2 holes on the back, use one fan as an intake and another as an exaust. The system has a thermo pair set at 86F and will turn itself on and off. Super silent.
                  How much is that system?

                  Originally posted by Scratch705
                  first off, put the xbox down and not standing up. the air intake on the xbox's are on the right side, or bottom side if standing up.
                  It was laying down when it was over heating now it is standing up like in the picture and has no problems

                  Originally posted by ldivinag
                  check the back of your receiver.

                  it may have one or two power plugs back there that are wired to turn on and off with the receiver.

                  then connect the fans to it...
                  The extra receiver that I have does have a plug on the back but but its an old one so I would still have to fix the ventilation problem first before I put that in here.
                  sigpic
                  Like my Signature??? Want a custom Sig for free? Click the link and add your needs
                  http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=333574

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    bohoki
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Jan 2006
                    • 20826

                    use wire racks

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      verapakill
                      Senior Member
                      • Aug 2010
                      • 1185

                      Wire racks? Im not sure what you mean.
                      sigpic
                      Like my Signature??? Want a custom Sig for free? Click the link and add your needs
                      http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=333574

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        tay
                        Member
                        • Jan 2006
                        • 489

                        I use the following to circulate air through my entertainment center.

                        It is USB powered.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          smird
                          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                          CGN Contributor
                          • May 2009
                          • 8315

                          Here's some 110v thermostats. You could hook these up to what ever 110v fan you want.
                          Featuring greenhouse thermostats like heating and cooling controllers, prewired thermostat, durostat remote sensor, programmable thermostats and thermostatic outlets for fans and heaters.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            smird
                            CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                            CGN Contributor
                            • May 2009
                            • 8315

                            Originally posted by bohoki
                            use wire racks
                            Originally posted by verapakill
                            Wire racks? Im not sure what you mean.
                            I don't think you want wire racks. If you don't even want to remove the back from your center.

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              verapakill
                              Senior Member
                              • Aug 2010
                              • 1185

                              Originally posted by tay
                              I use the following to circulate air through my entertainment center.

                              It is USB powered.

                              http://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-Mo.../dp/B00080G0BK
                              What do you plug the usb into so you can get power?
                              sigpic
                              Like my Signature??? Want a custom Sig for free? Click the link and add your needs
                              http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=333574

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                fighterpilot562
                                I’m Ugly and I’m Proud
                                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                                • Mar 2012
                                • 47071

                                Just get a mini fan thats what i use

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1