Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
E-Readers: Kindle or Nook?
Collapse
X
-
"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." --FREDERIC BASTIAT--
Proud Life Member: National Rifle Association, the Second Amendment Foundation, and the California Rifle & Pistol Association -
I don't like either of those, but Kindle is a better choice of the two. There are many other e-readers and they may suit you better depending on your needs, I like Pocketbook myself. You may want to do some reading here:
sigpicComment
-
Steadtrock, we homeschool our kids as well and we got the kindle for my daughters book reports and are pleased with it. I didn't really see any need for the 3G model. We don't really use the internet on it other than to download books. It has a browser but its not too great. Long battery life and pretty good storage. We are happy with it. Not sure what textbooks are available for it. Like I said we use it for book reports and it works well when one is assigned and we can pick up a book on the fly and get started on it. All my best.Last edited by Gigan; 08-26-2011, 10:48 PM.Comment
-
one of the bad things about kindle books and using them for reports, its harder to use citations as there are no page & paragraph numbers.
dixie gals has the best format.. as it should carry over.. http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43949Jason M- My 5 year old is a NRA life member, are you?
WTB: Stoeger Condor Competition Combo (I'll trade 1911's or other handguns)Comment
-
forgot to mention if you read sci fi or fantasy, webscriptions.net has hundreds of free books, many of them by main stream best sellers.Jason M- My 5 year old is a NRA life member, are you?
WTB: Stoeger Condor Competition Combo (I'll trade 1911's or other handguns)Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,808
Posts: 25,151,869
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,793
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 24119 users online. 71 members and 24048 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment