Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    FNH5-7
    Calguns Addict
    • Sep 2009
    • 9407

    Originally posted by bender152
    nice one
    Originally posted by FalconLair
    I weep for my country and what it is becoming.

    Comment

    • #17
      Ergo the Qualmed
      Senior Member
      • Oct 2010
      • 1020

      Well, I generally enjoy the campaigns of the CoD franchise. MW, MW2, were both fine.

      This one...seems totally scripted and linear, focused around "awesome" events and asplosions. Like, every mission seems to involve two minutes of sneaking around, and then 20 minutes of a semi-interactive Michael Bay film


      So, I sorta stopped playing single player, and went to multi. THIS IS WHERE IT SHINES!

      Shotguns actually work beyond 2 feet, and it is overall a very fun experience. I love the large variety of weapons, and the fact that they saw fit to include a PSG, CZ75, Makarov, and most importantly a G11, makes me totally happy. I was disappointed by the KS23...I mean, given the real-world awesomeness of the thing, I was hoping that it would fire iron bars or something, or at least be more effective than it is.

      Overall, a fun game though!
      This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it.

      Comment

      • #18
        Joe
        Calguns Addict
        • Apr 2006
        • 5730

        Great game. I'm loving it.

        Comment

        • #19
          digi909
          Member
          • Oct 2010
          • 106

          I've been playing FPS since the counter-strike era. I skipped WAW but did play MW and MW2. Treyarch did a decent job, the graphics are alright, not mind blowing and the single player is good. I normally play multiplayer but as of right now it is unplayable on PC. Seems as infinity ward and treyarch are mostly focusing on the console audience and leaving PC in the dust. The servers are so laggy its unbearable, I understand its a new game and the servers are overloaded but at the same time that's what a beta is for. I also think the hit markers are off but we will see if they hotfix or patch any of this soon. It's worth the money once all the bugs are fixed.

          Comment

          • #20
            blackhawk411
            Member
            • Jan 2008
            • 439

            With all the negative reviews I'm reading, I'm tempted to go return the damn thing. I still haven't unwrapped it. MW2 set the bar too high...

            Comment

            • #21
              WILDMAN442
              Senior Member
              • Jan 2010
              • 1665

              Think I will stick with MW2 for now... Hardly have the time to play anymore

              Justin
              Originally posted by MHShooter
              The whole time I was thinking "perfect calguns story"

              Comment

              • #22
                digi909
                Member
                • Oct 2010
                • 106

                Originally posted by WILDMAN442
                Think I will stick with MW2 for now... Hardly have the time to play anymore

                Justin
                I wish I could do the same, hackers have taken over MW2 its sad, infinity ward kinda threw their hands up and just left the hackers alone.

                Not my video but here is a clip of what PC users are experiencing. VIDEO (adult language don't turn up the speakers at work)
                I don't know if console users are getting this since the forums are filled with more complaints on "avatar" problems than actual gameplay
                Last edited by digi909; 11-11-2010, 6:09 AM.

                Comment

                • #23
                  Joe
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Apr 2006
                  • 5730

                  It doesn't lag like that on ps3 at all. But I do wish there was stopping power. It feels a lot like world at war. People just don't die when you shoot them. Unless I'm hosting then the lag is so awesomely in my favor.

                  The guy in the video needs to calm down. You have to expect a game to have a few issues when the games only been out 1 day. Mw2 had serious issues when it first came out. Same with just about every online game I've ever played.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    Bulleh
                    Senior Member
                    • Feb 2010
                    • 734

                    Yeah, seems like a step down from MW2... but it's different and has its only pros and cons. It's hard to beat MW2, that game was just the best console game I ever played.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      p.ro
                      Member
                      • Oct 2010
                      • 164

                      the commercial is better than the game.

                      Battlefield Vietnam FTW!

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        Ergo the Qualmed
                        Senior Member
                        • Oct 2010
                        • 1020

                        Ok, having spent more time with it:

                        I do not regret the purchase. The campaign was bizarre, to the point that it was entertainment for my friends...basically I would play, and we would laugh at the absurdity of the thing...hell, the interrogation sequences looked like they were out of a SAW movie!

                        Multiplayer is, in my opinion, excellent. I liked MW/MW2/WAW, and I like this one too. I like that shotguns are more serviceable, and I haven't had many bugs.

                        The multiplayer create a class/barracks/user pages are FUBAR in my opinion. They seem overly complicated, in terms of menu design.

                        The Idea of kennedy, nixon, castro, and Macnamara fighting off zombies in the pentagon is beautiful...!


                        SO: buy it for...well, fun. Laugh at the campaign, love the multiplayer, stand aghast at the zombies.
                        This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          FNH5-7
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Sep 2009
                          • 9407

                          Originally posted by Bulleh
                          Yeah, seems like a step down from MW2... but it's different and has its only pros and cons. It's hard to beat MW2, that game was just the best console game I ever played.
                          I don't understand why people hate on MW2 so bad
                          Originally posted by FalconLair
                          I weep for my country and what it is becoming.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            Bobula
                            Calguns Addict
                            • May 2007
                            • 9386

                            in multiplayer it's a bit like putting legos together while wearing boxing gloves.
                            Originally posted by Kestryll
                            Yeah, don't tell that rat bastard Kestryll, he'll shut it down.

                            Fascist pig....

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              Dirty506
                              Senior Member
                              • Jul 2010
                              • 636

                              i feel it was a let down at least not as bad as medal of honor but still a let down all it is is MW and MW2 with new levels and a few new weapons they actually took away some perks. its a good game but i am not impressed of course i will play the hell out of it but i think all video games need to step it up kind of like the first few call of duty's were the same as far as gameplay then MW came out and took it to a whole new level i htink the MW to black ops is another phase and the next phase will be spectacular.

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                digi909
                                Member
                                • Oct 2010
                                • 106

                                Originally posted by Joe
                                It doesn't lag like that on ps3 at all.
                                That's exactly the issue, PC users are having a lag issue and makes the game unplayable for multiplayer. It's a pretty legit complaint.
                                It's extremely frustrating to say the least, the reason the guy in that video was having such an easy time killing the "morons" as he calls them is because they were lagging just as bad and frozen on the screen. Some spots on the single player campaign even lag, which is how the game was programmed to run its not server problems so changing a server does absolutely nothing.
                                For now I guess I'll run through the campaign again on veteran and pick up the rest of my achievements.
                                Last edited by digi909; 11-11-2010, 9:19 AM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1