Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Music Virus?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Phil3
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2008
    • 2249

    Music Virus?

    My computer has suddenly developed a habit of playing a piece of music that is repeats a few times and last maybe 30 - 45 seconds before ending. Sometimes I hear people talking. Turning off Firefox and every application changes nothing, but turning off the speakers does. Norton 360 has found nothing. Ideas? Using Windows XP Home.

    - Phil
  • #2
    nick
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
    CGN Contributor
    • Aug 2008
    • 19152

    Norton/Symantec sucks.

    Try something like F-secure or Kaspersky in combination with Malwarebytes and Spybot. Then stop browsing questionable websites

    Alternatively, call Ghost Busters and post in the Have You Ever Been Haunted thread.
    DiaHero Foundation - helping people manage diabetes. Sending diabetes supplies to Ukraine now, any help is appreciated.

    DDR AK furniture and Norinco M14 parts kit: https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1756292
    sigpic

    Comment

    • #3
      Fate
      Calguns Addict
      • Apr 2006
      • 9545

      Originally posted by Phil3
      My computer has suddenly developed a habit of playing a piece of music that is repeats a few times and last maybe 30 - 45 seconds before ending. Sometimes I hear people talking.
      Are they telling you to dig in your backyard?
      sigpic "On bended knee is no way to be free." - Eddie Vedder, "Guaranteed"

      "Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks." -Thomas Jefferson
      , in a letter to his nephew Peter Carr dated August 19, 1785

      Comment

      • #4
        Phil3
        Senior Member
        • Oct 2008
        • 2249

        No, your backyard.

        Comment

        • #5
          NaughtyMonkey
          Senior Member
          • Dec 2009
          • 1832

          Do any ads pop up? My aunt had similar problems with her computer. Spybot and Malware bytes should take care of the problem.
          -General George S. Patton Jr.
          "In my opinion, the M1 Rifle is the greatest battle implement ever devised."

          http://m1family.com
          M1 Carbine Dedicated forum.

          Comment

          • #6
            Phil3
            Senior Member
            • Oct 2008
            • 2249

            No ads. I did download and run MalwareBytes, and it did find Trojan.SasFix. Don't know if that is the cause. If music and people talking stops playing, I guess that was it.

            - Phil

            Comment

            • #7
              NaughtyMonkey
              Senior Member
              • Dec 2009
              • 1832

              Trojans are always fun to have on your computer. I once scanned a computer that had over 300!!!!

              I hope your problem is fixed, let us know.
              -General George S. Patton Jr.
              "In my opinion, the M1 Rifle is the greatest battle implement ever devised."

              http://m1family.com
              M1 Carbine Dedicated forum.

              Comment

              • #8
                Ricky-Ray
                Veteran Member
                • Jan 2010
                • 3161

                Originally posted by NaughtyMonkey
                Trojans are always fun to have on your computer. I once scanned a computer that had over 300!!!!

                I hope your problem is fixed, let us know.

                Had to run a scan on an employees computer one time because it wasn't getting the automatic software updates like it should. Over 3,500 sypware/malware infections. (This was before we really employed any type of spyware/malware protection, just antivirus).

                I have no idea how this person was able to do any work at all, yet she never complained about it to us.
                Ray

                "If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. The dreams will come to you." - Randy Paush, Carnegie Mellon University

                Comment

                Working...
                UA-8071174-1