Go get a copy of PC Gamer magazine. It'll give you good options for building a good gaming PC at various price points from $500 to $3500.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Any Gaming PC specialists here?
Collapse
X
-
I just upgraded my system last month. Here's what I got:
i7 930 @ microcenter for $200
ASRock mobo with just about every feature I could need $189
G.Skill 6gb ddr3 $164
Slapped it together and fired up with no problems. Easiest build ever!
I used my 260gtx from previous system. It's plays everything smoothly at 1900x1200 on high settings.
BC2, APB, DiRT2, L4D2, Shattered Horizon, Tropico 3, etc... smoooooothLast edited by Brianguy; 06-20-2010, 11:00 PM.Comment
-
I just upgraded my system last month. Here's what I got:
i7 930 @ microcenter for $200
ASRock mobo with just about every feature I could need $189
G.Skill 6gb ddr3 $164
Slapped it together and fired up with no problems. Easiest build ever!
I used my 260gtx from previous system. It's plays everything smoothly at 1900x1200 on high settings.
The sad thing about you doing this is that I might just go to those sites and buy all that just so that i don't have to go thru the headache of learning every detail before i make my own.
That's how I usually work, it's either a really long stretch of intricate planning to attempt to get everything right, or I scream kick the table and let instinct(or whatever is in front of me) guide me.Comment
-
Its a pretty good rig for the price. The ram has already gone down $5 in a month, damn technology! I took a gamble on that mobo and it worked outThe sad thing about you doing this is that I might just go to those sites and buy all that just so that i don't have to go thru the headache of learning every detail before i make my own.
That's how I usually work, it's either a really long stretch of intricate planning to attempt to get everything right, or I scream kick the table and let instinct(or whatever is in front of me) guide me.
damn good features and hex core ready
Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,849
Posts: 25,152,402
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,763
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 11850 users online. 37 members and 11813 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment