Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Resolution between laptop and monitor

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ripcurlksm
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2006
    • 3146

    Resolution between laptop and monitor

    I want to close my laptop and have my desktop displayed on a monitor so I can use a normal keyboard.

    I have a new HP Envy 15 Notebook PC running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit that has a max resolution of 1920x1080. I have a new Acer monitor with a max resolution of 1920x1080. These are both connected via HDMI port.

    When connected, the laptop screen looks fine and the picture on the monitor is the same, however there is a black/blank ring around the screen, even through the display settings on the laptop are maxed out to 1920x1080. Why is this? If I adjust the resolution on the laptop slightly smaller 1680x1050, the monitor goes full screen and is a little grainy and the laptop monitor has black gaps on the side.

    Why cant my 1920x1080 Acer monitor display my 1920x1080 desktop on my laptop?
    Kevin
  • #2
    ldivinag
    In Memoriam
    • Oct 2005
    • 4858

    i dont think your acer mon is really 1920x1080 then...

    recheck the specs, or even the model...

    btw, what's the model # of the acer?
    leo d.

    Comment

    • #3
    • #4
      GunNutz
      Member
      • Dec 2009
      • 483

      Did you try adjusting the settings on the monitor itself?
      Guns don't kill people, people with mustaches kill people.

      Comment

      • #5
        rkt88edmo
        Reptile&Samurai Moderator
        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
        • Dec 2002
        • 10062

        Probably just need to adjust the H and V scale via the monitor menu
        If it was a snake, it would have bit me.
        Use the goog to search calguns

        Comment

        • #6
          Corbin Dallas
          CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • May 2006
          • 6356

          Originally posted by ripcurlksm
          I want to close my laptop and have my desktop displayed on a monitor so I can use a normal keyboard.

          I have a new HP Envy 15 Notebook PC running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit that has a max resolution of 1920x1080. I have a new Acer monitor with a max resolution of 1920x1080. These are both connected via HDMI port.

          When connected, the laptop screen looks fine and the picture on the monitor is the same, however there is a black/blank ring around the screen, even through the display settings on the laptop are maxed out to 1920x1080. Why is this? If I adjust the resolution on the laptop slightly smaller 1680x1050, the monitor goes full screen and is a little grainy and the laptop monitor has black gaps on the side.

          Why cant my 1920x1080 Acer monitor display my 1920x1080 desktop on my laptop?
          What do you mean "Both connected via HDMI"?

          Are you trying to duplicate the desktop or extend?
          NRA Life Member and Certified Instructor: Pistol - Rifle - Shotgun - PPITH - PPOTH - NRA Certified RSO

          WTB the following - in San Diego
          --Steyr M357A1 357SIG
          --Five Seven IOM (round trigger guard)

          Never forget - השואה... לעולם לא עוד.

          Comment

          • #7
            ripcurlksm
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2006
            • 3146

            I tried stretching the monitor, but it doesn't work, I went through all options in the menu system.

            I am trying to duplicate the desktop.
            Kevin

            Comment

            • #8
              f33dback
              Member
              • Feb 2010
              • 327

              Not clear if I understand the issue, but you can adjust the image on the external monitor using the monitor controls and expand the image horizontally and vertically to fill the screen, that should fill the screen at the resolution you desire.
              Other wise if hardware is rated at what you state, it is a driver issue (video driver), or hardware incompatibility
              "If any question why we died,
              Tell them because our fathers lied."

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1