Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

MAG (PS3 game) Clan for Calguns.net [CGN]

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • grammaton76
    Administrator
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Dec 2005
    • 9511

    MAG (PS3 game) Clan for Calguns.net [CGN]

    If you see [CGN] attached to a guy getting killed a lot in MAG - that's probably me. Particularly if his username is grammaton76.

    Same rules for membership as the Resistance 2 clan - if you're a Calgunner, send a clan request and send me a PM on here.

    As far as I'm concerned, this is NOT going to be a serious "make schedules and do matches and such" clan. I have a day job, and am not going to add another thing to my list of stuff I HAVE to do.
    Primary author of gunwiki.net - 'like' it on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Gunwiki/242578512591 to see whenever new content gets added!
  • #2
    caoboy
    Senior Member
    • May 2009
    • 2400

    Is it out yet?

    How do you like it?


    With enough people on CGN, we might take over one faction!

    Comment

    • #3
      Sugacookie
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 731

      I just picked it up. Its Fun... Never was a fan of the first person shooter on consoles.. Figured I'd givr it a shot. Do you mind If i add u as a friend?

      Comment

      • #4
        grammaton76
        Administrator
        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
        • Dec 2005
        • 9511

        Sugacookie: You're added.

        MAG just launched yesterday.
        Primary author of gunwiki.net - 'like' it on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Gunwiki/242578512591 to see whenever new content gets added!

        Comment

        • #5
          sleepiemonkee
          Junior Member
          • Apr 2009
          • 24

          I was in the beta...looked pretty solid. Playing with 255 other people's going to get intense.

          Comment

          • #6
            grammaton76
            Administrator
            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
            • Dec 2005
            • 9511

            Some MAG advice for folks - I'm level 12, so it's not like I'm some uber-advanced guy. However, here's my bit. Bear in mind I play Raven, as its description sounds like me and most of the rest of Calguns. On average - we have very nice, very expensive toys, but on the balance we're really low on training. Former military members excluded, of course.

            Anyway, I started off putting points into medical and the sniper rifle. Medical gets you 10 points for a revive and several points for a heal, so it's a great way to get started off and get you out of that "skirmish" mode you're stuck in for the first 4 levels. Because there's no objective other than killing other folks, you don't get the opportunity for experience-doubled kills so those levels take a while.

            The DMR rifle (HS90 I think) is basically a G3, and it does a nice job with its 4x sight. However, at longer ranges you're basically just announcing your location because it takes a few hits to kill unless you get lucky with a head shot. The forward pistol grip was nice for stabilizing though, and provided some snappy follow-up shots. As for optics, your magnification's 4x and will be 4x for quite some time on the sniper path. However, notice I said the grip is nice? Don't buy it. Read below.

            I noticed as I got towards level 12, that I was getting consistently mowed down by guys who shot like snipers, but had full auto. Those were guys with assault rifles and 4x scopes. Remember how I said your sniper rifle's going to be 4x? Yeah, at range you've got as much chance of a headshot as the guy with an assault rifle but he has full auto.

            I respec'ed my character at level 12 and put all my points back into the assault weapon tree. Had to give up medical and sniping, but in exchange I got the best assault rifle available (Supposed to be a Sig 55x I think), with forward grip and 4x optic. It out-snipes the DMR easily, and places hits on target more readily than the machine gun. My kill/death ratio is way up now vs where it was, and I should be able to regain points rapidly in order to recover what I lost.

            DON'T WASTE POINTS ON:
            * Acoustic locator. Doesn't seem to significantly boost your detection range.
            * Impact resistance. You don't jump/fall often enough in this game for it to matter.

            EARLY BUYS:
            * Medical kit. You get plenty of points for healing folks, and at early levels few other guys get it. 10 points for a revive, when kills are only worth 5 points outside of an objective area.

            THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND:
            * In the armory, your basic configurations have some extra 'credits' available. Try upgrading to heavy armor and notice that your 'heavy gear' slot will let you bring a rocket launcher to the party. You're welcome. The launcher doesn't seem to do a whole lot of damage, but it does perform denial of area pretty well and the smoke can keep snipers from doing their job while your guys swarm.
            * Thankfully, they don't show all the enemies' locations all the time. Sniping actually involves watching carefully for movement in the distance, etc. And I don't know how many guys I've seen get sniped because they didn't think to stay BACK from the ledge and in the shadows. You're not doing yourself any favors by exposing more than your gun's barrel and the top of your head.
            Last edited by grammaton76; 01-27-2010, 11:50 AM.
            Primary author of gunwiki.net - 'like' it on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Gunwiki/242578512591 to see whenever new content gets added!

            Comment

            • #7
              doughboy334
              Senior Member
              • Mar 2008
              • 2019

              on the to buy list
              sigpic

              Originally posted by Jpach
              Just do what M Sage and others have said to do, they know what theyr talkin about. Just dont urinate in your barrel and expect ur rifle to be ok. My buddy and I recently went shooting and he shot corrosive yugo ammo through his Mosin and figured he could just piss in the barrel and call it a day. Several days later the bolt was rusted shut but I guess the fouling wasnt TOO bad.

              Comment

              • #8
                EM31
                Junior Member
                • Dec 2008
                • 67

                I bought this yesterday and its good. The game really depends on teamwork.

                On a side note can the OP send me a invite to clan?

                PSN: panchovilla4
                (anyone with MAG, add me)
                "Freedom isn't free"

                Comment

                • #9
                  screaming_spool
                  Junior Member
                  • Nov 2009
                  • 80

                  add me KOOTBLASTER

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    gwl
                    • May 2007
                    • 1328

                    This sounds too fun. Looks like I'm gonna have to get this.
                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      bigcalidave
                      CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                      • Jan 2009
                      • 4489

                      Been waiting for this one, but I'm really never gonna play it if I get it. Not enough to get any good at it :P
                      ...

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        WeekendWarrior
                        Veteran Member
                        • Dec 2008
                        • 3536

                        Im trying to decide right now: MAG vs the new battlefield game coming out in March...
                        sigpic
                        in the hands of
                        OH MY!

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Dangerpin
                          Member
                          • Aug 2009
                          • 423

                          I lost a lot of respect for the Battlefield franchise when they decided to go Team Edward vs Team Jacob for a Battlefield Heroes event. Do I really need vamps vs wolves intruding on my otherwise emo-free life?

                          I'm going to have to check out MAG, it sounds great.
                          I am a member of the human race. All relevant information is to be found in my passport. And except when there is good reason for suspecting me of some crime, I will refuse to submit to police interrogation, on the grounds that any such interrogation is an intolerable nuisance. And life being as short as it is, a waste of time. Any infringement on my privacy, or interference with my liberty, any assault, however petty, against my dignity as a human being, will be rigorously prosecuted-Orson W.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            grammaton76
                            Administrator
                            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                            • Dec 2005
                            • 9511

                            Originally posted by EM31
                            I bought this yesterday and its good. The game really depends on teamwork.

                            On a side note can the OP send me a invite to clan?

                            PSN: panchovilla4
                            (anyone with MAG, add me)
                            Looks like we both have to be online at the same time. I've tried to invite you to the clan, but it doesn't seem to give me the option unless you're online at the time. I did add you to my buddy list already, though.

                            I'll watch for ya to be on and see if I can invite you when I'm online. Same goes for the rest.
                            Last edited by grammaton76; 02-01-2010, 1:00 PM.
                            Primary author of gunwiki.net - 'like' it on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Gunwiki/242578512591 to see whenever new content gets added!

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              grammaton76
                              Administrator
                              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                              • Dec 2005
                              • 9511

                              Originally posted by screaming_spool
                              add me KOOTBLASTER
                              Will try to do so this evening.
                              Primary author of gunwiki.net - 'like' it on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Gunwiki/242578512591 to see whenever new content gets added!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1