I'm helping a friend to buy or build a gaming rig for under $2k. Can someone please give us some recommendations? Thanks!
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Gaming Rig Under $2000
Collapse
X
-
Costco is pretty good
https://www.costco.com/desktops-servers.html?computer-type=gaming&refine=||Computer_Type_attr-GamingDiscover top-rated desktop computers and PCs at Costco. From gaming PCs to all-in-one desktops, we have what you need.
-
I found my graphics card at a local store.
Owners cousin didnt want his 2080ti anymore so sold it to me for $450… a couple months ago lol.
Check your local stores, you never know what you can find.Comment
-
I have built 4 Joey Delgado youtube builds
800. to 3000.00 builds
best case I used is Lian Li Lancool II,
are you near a microcenter?? I find it the best place to buy parts
I would go for an AMD build
I think an 2000k is possible..
I have a used midsize case and radiator if your near napa you can have themComment
-
I'll always recommend build over buy, if he is willing. You'll always get better components than a built system. For purely mainstream gaming:
AMD Ryzen 5600X - $265
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition CPU Air Cooler - $42
MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk - $190
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 28800 - $130
EVGA - GeForce RTX 3070 XC3 ULTRA Gaming - $680 (normal retail when in stock)
Western Digital WD Black SN750 1TB - $100
CORSAIR RM750x PSU - $105
Cooler Master MasterBox MB520 ARGB ATX Mid-Tower - $95
That's an example shopping list which would be a great performing and rock solid gaming PC. The total is ~$1600, which would leave you a $400 buffer for additional storage, optical drive, add-on sound card, or bump the GPU to a 3070ti which would run a couple hundred more than a standard 3070. Hope that helps.Comment
-
Costco desktops look good for the price. Any home built, descent graphics card will be north of $1000.
Graphics card I bought at the start of the virus BS was $370. It's now double.So much for being honest.Originally posted by ivanimalPeople that call other member stupid get time off.Comment
-
Thanks for the offer for a case and radiatorl, but I live in Culver City, which is in the Los Angeles area. I appreciate your offer though!
I have built 4 Joey Delgado youtube builds
800. to 3000.00 builds
best case I used is Lian Li Lancool II,
are you near a microcenter?? I find it the best place to buy parts
I would go for an AMD build
I think an 2000k is possible..
I have a used midsize case and radiator if your near napa you can have themComment
-
Is your friend ok with a laptop?
The upcoming releases are looking good (2022 Asus Zephyrus, and others with 12th gen Alder Lake).Comment
-
Try building something on pcpartspicker.com if you are decent with the specs.sigpicComment
-
just get a Xbox or PS5.Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,597
Posts: 25,149,608
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,889
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 28331 users online. 134 members and 28197 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment