Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

NewEgg: Weird charge after my last 2 purchases?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • the86d
    Calguns Addict
    • Jul 2011
    • 9591

    NewEgg: Weird charge after my last 2 purchases?

    I generally buy from Amazon and eBay, but usually use a card on file, or Paypal if possible.

    One thing I noticed is one of my cards was compromised after buying from NewEgg last time, and this time it was a different card and... compromised.

    Someone bought something from a "milkbar" in NY this morning... for this one.
    I CLEARLY don't live in NY.
    Bank is sending me a new card with a new number, but this one was GREAT as it ended in 1776.

    Just seems weird that it happened to be the card used on Newegg, the last 2 purchases.
    Maybe I am jumping the gun, however transactions were both w/in 2 months of a Newegg purchase, both times.
    COULD be a coincidence, but not sure... and thought I would seek counsel from the Calguns-collective.

    Anyone else notice a possible pattern with a card used on NewEgg (possibly a 3rd party vendor w/ them) and unauth'd charges on said-card w/in 2 months of a NewEgg purchase?
    Last edited by the86d; 08-08-2021, 10:10 AM.
  • #2
    itisagoodname
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
    • Jan 2010
    • 1359

    Not a coincidence. Both times in the past few years i've bought from Newegg this has happened. Plus the last time they were selling completely out of stock merchandise, luckily i used my CC and the dispute was painless.

    I no longer even look at the Newegg site, just not worth the hassle.
    tere hanges

    Comment

    • #3
      crufflers
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Jul 2011
      • 12723

      Coincidentally, Chinese hackers may or may not have all your personal info and credit cards if you buy from NE nowadays.

      Comment

      • #4
        the86d
        Calguns Addict
        • Jul 2011
        • 9591

        They go public on the market, and SHTF...
        LOVELY. I HOPE they get their heads out of their backside, and get to the bottom of this.

        I contacted a goober via chat, and told them to look into it...
        Hoping someone does something, so it doesn't get swept under the rug.
        Someone should be able to track the issue to an employee, or vendor, I assume.

        Comment

        • #5
          ibanezfoo
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Apr 2007
          • 12395

          Originally posted by the86d
          They go public on the market, and SHTF...
          LOVELY. I HOPE they get their heads out of their backside, and get to the bottom of this.

          I contacted a goober via chat, and told them to look into it...
          Hoping someone does something, so it doesn't get swept under the rug.
          Someone should be able to track the issue to an employee, or vendor, I assume.
          Yes. Newegg cratered after they went public. I spent a lot of money with them both personal and for business before that. Tried ordering a few times after that and had nothing but issues. Even within the last year I ordered a specific HDMI over ethernet device because they were the only ones that claimed to have it.... yeah... that was a pain in the ***. F Newegg.
          vindicta inducit ad salutem?

          Comment

          • #6
            AreWeFree
            Veteran Member
            • Jan 2013
            • 4558

            Originally posted by crufflers
            Coincidentally, Chinese hackers may or may not have all your personal info and credit cards if you buy from NE nowadays.
            Well, newegg was sold to the chinese back in 2014 or so.

            Comment

            • #7
              the86d
              Calguns Addict
              • Jul 2011
              • 9591

              Originally posted by AreWeFree
              Well, newegg was sold to the chinese back in 2014 or so.

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1