Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Cal guns password compromised?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • hermosabeach
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Feb 2009
    • 19845

    Cal guns password compromised?

    When I signed into Calguns, IOS stores my password.

    I received a warning that the password was found in a data leak. It said I needed to change my password.



    Is that the fact that I have a simple password and that password was found in a password file online?

    Or has apple found my user name and password on the dark web?
    Last edited by hermosabeach; 09-21-2021, 11:29 AM.
    Rule 1- ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED

    Rule 2 -NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO DESTROY (including your hands and legs)

    Rule 3 -KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET

    Rule 4 -BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT IS BEYOND IT
    (thanks to Jeff Cooper)
  • #2
    Dan_Eastvale
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Apr 2013
    • 10798

    Security verification page to protect against malicious bots.


    iCloud Keychain users might have seen this message about their passwords. If you have seen this, you may be a little (or more than a little) worried. What

    Comment

    • #3
      hermosabeach
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Feb 2009
      • 19845

      I’m 99.99% confident this password was only used on Cal guns


      Easy enough to change
      Rule 1- ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED

      Rule 2 -NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO DESTROY (including your hands and legs)

      Rule 3 -KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET

      Rule 4 -BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT IS BEYOND IT
      (thanks to Jeff Cooper)

      Comment

      • #4
        Dan_Eastvale
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Apr 2013
        • 10798

        Yeah.
        My wife uses Macs and Iphones and has never had the message.

        But yeah, easiest is just change it for CG and be gtg.

        Comment

        • #5
          Marauder2003
          Waiting for Abs
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Aug 2010
          • 3126

          Check your email here.

          Search tens of billions of breached records, monitor corporate domains via API, and get alerted when credentials are exposed. Trusted by security teams, MSSPs, and government agencies worldwide.
          #NotMyPresident
          #ArrestFauci
          sigpic

          Comment

          • #6
            -hanko
            CGN/CGSSA Contributor
            CGN Contributor
            • Jul 2002
            • 14174

            Originally posted by Marauder2003
            Check your email here.

            https://haveibeenpwned.com/
            I've had the issue show up a time or 2. MacBook Pro with latest IOS upgrade.

            No password leak per the website above.

            Any idea as to what's happening??
            True wealth is time. Time to enjoy life.

            Life's journey is not to arrive safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy schit...what a ride"!!

            Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in. Mark Twain

            A man's soul can be judged by the way he treats his dog. Charles Doran

            Comment

            • #7
              Marauder2003
              Waiting for Abs
              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
              • Aug 2010
              • 3126

              Any chance you used the same password on another site but with a different email?

              Originally posted by -hanko
              I've had the issue show up a time or 2. MacBook Pro with latest IOS upgrade.

              No password leak per the website above.

              Any idea as to what's happening??
              #NotMyPresident
              #ArrestFauci
              sigpic

              Comment

              • #8
                The War Wagon
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Apr 2011
                • 10294

                You'll want to change the combination on your luggage afterwards, too.

                sigpic

                Comment

                • #9
                  -hanko
                  CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                  CGN Contributor
                  • Jul 2002
                  • 14174

                  Originally posted by Marauder2003
                  Any chance you used the same password on another site but with a different email?
                  Nope...a single email address I've had around 15+ years.
                  True wealth is time. Time to enjoy life.

                  Life's journey is not to arrive safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy schit...what a ride"!!

                  Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in. Mark Twain

                  A man's soul can be judged by the way he treats his dog. Charles Doran

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1