Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Iphone XR or iPhone 11????

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • BigPimping
    CGN Contributor
    • Feb 2010
    • 21487

    Iphone XR or iPhone 11????

    They are so similar. The only real difference is the camera and a slight processor upgrade. Do you think that the price increase is justified. I'm going to be upgrading here pretty quick.

    What say you Calguns????
    sigpic

    PIMP stands for Positive Intellectual Motivated Person

    When pimping begins, friendship ends.

    Don't let your history be a mystery
  • #2
    gdr_11
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2008
    • 2572

    I have an IPhone XR and am pretty pleased with the features and performance. I do not stream a lot of videos of use any of the Cloud features so I have no need to upgrade and spend more money.

    A word of caution; the constant stream of Apply updates is a pain in the a**. Each time you allow an update, you need to clench your butt cheeks and hope it doesn't wreak havoc with your settings, apps and other functions.

    My advice would be to go with the XR unless the pimping has been good and you are flush with cash
    In an emergency, always dial 1911.

    Comment

    • #3
      BigPimping
      CGN Contributor
      • Feb 2010
      • 21487

      Pimping's big business. I have the jack. But no need to spend unnecessarily.
      sigpic

      PIMP stands for Positive Intellectual Motivated Person

      When pimping begins, friendship ends.

      Don't let your history be a mystery

      Comment

      • #4
        gdr_11
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2008
        • 2572

        I though maybe the extra cost of providing masks for your ladies was cutting into your profits.
        In an emergency, always dial 1911.

        Comment

        • #5
          Mr. Blue
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2019
          • 2522

          XR uses an LCD screen. 6.1”. The bezels are a bit thicker as well. The iphone 11 has an OLED panel and is one generation newer. The XR was released alongside the XS, so the chipset is going to be faster. The generational upgrade from XS to 11 wasn’t that substantial. Same goes for XR. I suggest a 12. To put it simply, the upgrade from XR to 11 was say 10 points. The upgrade from 11 to 12 is 50 points. Of course this depends on your use of said upgrade components. The camera on both the 11 and 12 will be substantially better than the XR for various reasons, however the 12’s camera is not just in the lenses but the software. In addition, its drop protection is vastly better. Most of us use a case anyway. The body changed for the first time in years as well. Right now, if you have an iPhone 8 or newer, ATT, Verizon, Sprint...all the major players are giving a stupid amount of money for trade in. Up to $800. So look into the promotions before making a choice to buy a used one for $400.
          https://youtube.com/c/GatCat

          Comment

          • #6
            the86d
            Calguns Addict
            • Jul 2011
            • 9591

            Buy whatever costs more, even though you don't need it, as a status symbol...
            ... ...

            I'll probably open the back of my LG V20 phone, and drop-in a new battery for $20 this year... ... ... or next...

            Comment

            • #7
              Mr. Blue
              Veteran Member
              • Dec 2019
              • 2522

              Originally posted by the86d
              Buy whatever costs more, even though you don't need it, as a status symbol...
              ... ...

              I'll probably open the back of my LG V20 phone, and drop-in a new battery for $20 this year... ... ... or next...
              https://youtube.com/c/GatCat

              Comment

              • #8
                DemolitionMan
                Junior Member
                • Nov 2020
                • 2

                A true pimp wouldn't be flexing the latest sheep phone. Go to the thrift store pick up one of those diamond encrusted jobs.

                Comment

                • #9
                  the86d
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Jul 2011
                  • 9591

                  Apple iPhone XR,Apple,iPhone XR,GSM,mobile,phone,cellphone,information,info,specs,specification,opinion,review


                  What year did Apple start supporting these extra pins on the USB side of a Lighting connector for USB 3.0-3.1 compatibility?
                  Last edited by the86d; 11-30-2020, 8:03 PM.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    BigPimping
                    CGN Contributor
                    • Feb 2010
                    • 21487

                    I got a iphone 12 for a work phone. Glad I didn't buy one for myself. Not real intuitive. A sheep phone. Does Lincoln make a smartphone?
                    sigpic

                    PIMP stands for Positive Intellectual Motivated Person

                    When pimping begins, friendship ends.

                    Don't let your history be a mystery

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Marauder2003
                      Waiting for Abs
                      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                      • Aug 2010
                      • 3124

                      I would say be cool and go retro. A nice flip phone. But I know you need more for the evening business so stay with a smart phone.

                      Originally posted by BigPimping 1911 fly guy!
                      I got a iphone 12 for a work phone. Glad I didn't buy one for myself. Not real intuitive. A sheep phone. Does Lincoln make a smartphone?
                      #NotMyPresident
                      #ArrestFauci
                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        BigPimping
                        CGN Contributor
                        • Feb 2010
                        • 21487

                        The 24-hour, 365 business that I run requires a smartphone. It's the only thing that can keep up with a new millennium, 100% strictly business player.
                        sigpic

                        PIMP stands for Positive Intellectual Motivated Person

                        When pimping begins, friendship ends.

                        Don't let your history be a mystery

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        UA-8071174-1