Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Please To Recommend Me A Laser Printer

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • L84CABO
    Calguns Addict
    • Mar 2009
    • 8776

    Please To Recommend Me A Laser Printer

    I need a good all in one laser jet for the home. I'm leaning toward a monochrome but might do color. Anyone got a good one they can recommend? I'd like to stay under $400.

    And will it still print black and white if one of the colors is out?

    Thanks all!
    "Kestryll I wanna lick your doughnut."

    Fighter Pilot
  • #2
    the86d
    Calguns Addict
    • Jul 2011
    • 9587

    I have a Dell 1355CN and it works well, and have had it for like 5+ years.
    I don't use it much, but it just ran dry of black toner the end of last year with my daughter using for a bunch of stuff, color and B&W.

    I got it free at work because for some reason it didn't ever pull DHCP with the switches we were using at the time, but never had a problem DHCP pulling an IP with any home router I have had (4-5 different routers).

    The Dell color laser printers are pretty economical for aftermarket toners.

    The MFP's with scan/copier functions run 100-200 more, it seems.

    It appears you can get a basic Color Laser Brother for about $189, but I haven't researched toner prices on these:


    Keep in mind that most color laser toner replacement carts. CAN run about $60, per color, Dells seem to be a bit cheaper in packaged-deals with all colors, but not sure about page-count per toner, so high yield must be researched... and you never run as much of one as you do others...

    I used to base inkjet printer costs on replacement ink prices, maybe still a good idea for toner price cross-reference?
    Last edited by the86d; 02-28-2020, 5:34 AM.

    Comment

    • #3
      BlackyHouston
      Member
      • Nov 2014
      • 329

      Printers are cheap, look for the most economical replacement cartridges....

      Comment

      • #4
        creampuff
        • Jan 2006
        • 3730

        Been happy with my Canon MF634Cdw. I've been using aftermarket recycled toner cartridges from Amazon because genuine Canon color cartridges are prohibitively expensive.

        So far so good.
        From what I can tell Canon has replaced my model with the MF644Cdw. If it is like it's predecessor, it will be a solid product.

        Comment

        • #5
          gorn5150
          Senior Member
          • Aug 2007
          • 1453

          I just bought a Canon imageCLASS LBP6230dw printer to replace a Brother ink jet that is 10 years old and sounds like rats having an orgy when it prints. The Canon was $70 and toner carts are $15. It's wifi and prints fast with very good clarity.

          Comment

          • #6
            teflondog
            Veteran Member
            • Jun 2009
            • 4011

            I bought this Brother all in one color laser printer and it's been a joy to use compared to my old inkjet. When the color toner runs out, I can still print black.

            Originally posted by G. Michael Hopf
            Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.

            Comment

            • #7
              AragornElessar86
              Senior Member
              • Oct 2010
              • 1735

              I have a Canon imageCLASS MF series and it's awesome. Will be replacing with another one if/when this one dies in 20 years or so.
              Wish I was rich instead of so damn good looking.
              Originally posted by stix213
              I'll worry about Hannibal Lecter having too many rights when the rest of us get ours in the first place.
              Originally posted by Just Dave
              Any American who isn't on a government watch list should be ashamed of themselves.

              Comment

              • #8
                The War Wagon
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Apr 2011
                • 10294

                H-P are the second worst printers out there.

                Sadly, they rank JUST ahead of all others...
                sigpic

                Comment

                • #9
                  C.G.
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Oct 2005
                  • 8250

                  Originally posted by The War Wagon
                  H-P are the second worst printers out there.

                  Sadly, they rank JUST ahead of all others...
                  LOL.
                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    local_nobody
                    Member
                    • Dec 2012
                    • 320

                    i have a samsung laser i bought on clearance awhile before compUSA closed...that tells you how old it is. still working well.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      bluonyx
                      Member
                      • Oct 2012
                      • 403

                      Get a Canon Color imageCLASS MF743Cdw, scans, copys, fax, duplex printing. Apple Air print.

                      Inkjets suck, dry up if you don't use it often. I'm a printer by trade, and never recommend inkjet cause no one wants to buy the proper OEM inks, to damn expensive.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        ldsnet
                        Senior Member
                        • Oct 2008
                        • 1422

                        I have used Dell and Brother lasers over the years. I run it until it needs a fuser, and the 2nd fuser I replace the whole thing.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          freonr22
                          I need a LIFE!!
                          • Dec 2008
                          • 12948

                          Dell
                          sigpic
                          Originally posted by dantodd
                          We will win. We are right. We will never stop fighting.
                          Originally posted by bwiese
                          They don't believe it's possible, but then Alison didn't believe there'd be 350K - 400K OLLs in CA either.
                          Originally posted by louisianagirl
                          Our fate is ours alone to decide as long as we remain armed heavily enough to dictate it.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            hermosabeach
                            I need a LIFE!!
                            • Feb 2009
                            • 19807

                            Happy with the HP color laser printer from Costco
                            Well it is a MFP
                            Print- scan- fax
                            Wireless and wired. Nice to print things from the phone when needed

                            My default is to just print using black.
                            Last edited by hermosabeach; 02-29-2020, 2:43 PM.
                            Rule 1- ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED

                            Rule 2 -NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO DESTROY (including your hands and legs)

                            Rule 3 -KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET

                            Rule 4 -BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT IS BEYOND IT
                            (thanks to Jeff Cooper)

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              hermosabeach
                              I need a LIFE!!
                              • Feb 2009
                              • 19807

                              Shop Costco.com for electronics, computers, furniture, outdoor living, appliances, jewelry and more. Enjoy low warehouse prices on name-brand products delivered to your door.



                              I have had mine for about 1 year. I picked another up for a family member who was being driven insane by an older inkjet.

                              Costco is great with returns, doubling the original warranty and more if you use your Costco credit card
                              Rule 1- ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED

                              Rule 2 -NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO DESTROY (including your hands and legs)

                              Rule 3 -KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET

                              Rule 4 -BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT IS BEYOND IT
                              (thanks to Jeff Cooper)

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1