Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

I absolutely dispise windows 10 I can't find stuff

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Dano3467
    Calguns Addict
    • Mar 2013
    • 7381

    I absolutely dispise windows 10 I can't find stuff

    & youtube has fail me finding things that for what ever reason seem just plain GONE

    Have you cozied up to win 10 yet, or like me think it was one of microsoft's most horrible mistake.

    Hate a strong word, but I'll use it, I hate this shat.
  • #2
    MaHoTex
    Calguns Addict
    • Jul 2010
    • 5002

    Originally posted by Dano3467
    & youtube has fail me finding things that for what ever reason seem just plain GONE

    Have you cozied up to win 10 yet, or like me think it was one of microsoft's most horrible mistake.

    Hate a strong word, but I'll use it, I hate this shat.
    Install Start10 and you will be able to find what you need. I am sure I already pointed you in this direction. Do yourself a favor on install Start10. It will put the start menu in the old Windows 7 style menu instead of the alphabetical Windows 10 style.

    Start10 software, replaces the Start menu with a classic version. This Windows 7-style look is a comfortable return to the form and function you expect.
    NRA Life Member

    sigpic

    Mr. President, I can't take any more winning! Make it stop Mr. President. The winning is YUGGEEEE!

    "If you've got a problem with the US, you better make sure it's not a military problem." SSgt Leslie Edwards

    Comment

    • #3
      Dano3467
      Calguns Addict
      • Mar 2013
      • 7381

      Doesn't seem to look quite the same, but similar, couple things still missing though.

      Ma Ho: are you currently using this ? & thanks for the tip will look further into this start 10 program.

      At this point anything has got to be better than 10, as is it's a PITA.

      Really makes you wonder who running the store now days at MS.

      Comment

      • #4
        Mute
        Calguns Addict
        • Oct 2005
        • 8590

        Make a list of what's missing. That will probably make it easier for everyone to offer some solutions that may help make Windows 10 a bit for user friendly for you.
        NRA Benefactor Life Member
        NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Personal Protection In The Home, Personal Protection Outside The Home Instructor, CA DOJ Certified CCW Instructor, RSO


        American Marksman Training Group
        Visit our American Marksman Facebook Page

        Comment

        • #5
          MaHoTex
          Calguns Addict
          • Jul 2010
          • 5002

          Originally posted by Dano3467
          Doesn't seem to look quite the same, but similar, couple things still missing though.

          Ma Ho: are you currently using this ? & thanks for the tip will look further into this start 10 program.

          At this point anything has got to be better than 10, as is it's a PITA.

          Really makes you wonder who running the store now days at MS.
          Yes I do use Start10. I have it on 5 or 6 PCs in my house as well as both of my folks PCs. I would not go without it.
          NRA Life Member

          sigpic

          Mr. President, I can't take any more winning! Make it stop Mr. President. The winning is YUGGEEEE!

          "If you've got a problem with the US, you better make sure it's not a military problem." SSgt Leslie Edwards

          Comment

          • #6
            the86d
            Calguns Addict
            • Jul 2011
            • 9587

            I did a search in the box for "go back" within the 1st 30 days on a notebook I had upgraded, and it's back on Win7 again...

            Never10 - Disable Windows 10 Automatic Upgrade


            My son hasn't had any issues with Win10, aside from the typical issues of adding a drive with UEFI firmware, but this issue existed with Win7 too.
            Last edited by the86d; 06-21-2016, 12:29 PM.

            Comment

            • #7
              gorn5150
              Senior Member
              • Aug 2007
              • 1453

              The windows 10 interface is horrible. I installed classic shell and haven't had a problem finding things since.

              The main draw for windows 10 for me is the built in xbox one streaming ability.

              Comment

              • #8
                Dave626
                Senior Member
                • Sep 2012
                • 1038

                can you always go back to win 7 within a month after the win10 upgraded

                go Setting -> Recovery -> Go to back to win7

                Comment

                • #9
                  sholling
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  CGN Contributor
                  • Sep 2007
                  • 10360

                  I loved Windows 7 and despised Windows 8.x so yes, it took a few months to get used to how Windows 10 works. But now that I've lived with the stock Windows 10 experience for a few months I like it a lot and have Windows 10 up and running all 7 of my PCs (1x gaming desktop, 3x laptops, 2x HTPC, and 1x low-power PC used as a server) with the stock UI. I still have to google for an answer to a question or two now and then but less so once I discovered right clicking on the "start button" (or whatever they call it) allows me to access almost everything missing from the old start button.

                  Of course, like any upgrade, not everything went perfectly the first time every time. For example, it took a couple of attempts over several months to upgrade one of my laptops because Windows would not install on that laptop until it had all of the drivers on hand that it needed, but once it was ready the upgrade went perfectly. The only really frustrating problem that I've run into was a patch install on my desktop went sideways and corrupted the registry, prevented shutdowns, and locked me out of almost all admin functions. I ran CCleaner's registry cleanup and all went back to normal.
                  "Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." --FREDERIC BASTIAT--

                  Proud Life Member: National Rifle Association, the Second Amendment Foundation, and the California Rifle & Pistol Association

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    orangeusa
                    • Jul 2009
                    • 9055

                    I bought a laptop for cheap - it was a blemish unit. I can't find anything on Win 10. At least Win 7 had options to go 'classic'.

                    Everything is there, but it's not efficient at all. And the search function in File Explorer is broken. It just doesn't work properly. I do better with the command line.

                    Does anybody know if there are Unix/Linux equivalents for searching? Like regular expressions? Yes, they can be kind of arcane, but the Windows search tools just suck and have for a good long while. It's funny. I have been asking (Windows) Computer Science types about things like this for years and all I get are blank stares.

                    .

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      orangeusa
                      • Jul 2009
                      • 9055

                      Originally posted by gorn5150
                      The windows 10 interface is horrible. I installed classic shell and haven't had a problem finding things since.

                      The main draw for windows 10 for me is the built in xbox one streaming ability.
                      HOW DID YOU GET A DIFFERENT SHELL?

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        the86d
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Jul 2011
                        • 9587

                        One thing I have noticed on new Windows versions (Win 8.0-10) is that for some reason, keyboards and mice (especially Bluetooth), not to mention network drivers fail to work for some unknown reason after some updates, and it takes a "Reset this PC" to factory defaults, or a system restore (only worked once). I have had to do this on just about every Windows 8-10 PC it has been installed on, aside from my son's rig.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Dragunov
                          Senior Member
                          • Dec 2008
                          • 1953

                          I've been refurbishing, and upgrading laptops for the last three months. 90% are the Lenovo ThinkPad T400. I paid $30 apiece for 60 of them over the last three months. All are upgraded to 8gb/ram, 500gb, 7200rpm Hdd, Linux Mint 17.2, or Win7 Home Premium with Libre Office. I've been selling them for $225/each, and can't keep them "on the shelves", and I can't get more, fast enough. People are TIRED of the WinX debacle, or Microsoft altogether. On the other hand, Office Depot, has been struggling to sell any new computers. The manager blames me for it, instead of the fact that they sell bloatware infested, WinX computers, at ridiculous prices that for all intents and purposes, run much worse than the ones I fix and sell. Apparently, I'm the only person around here that knows what they're doing with laptops, and my rates are extremely reasonable.


                          Nice little computers. Upgraded, they do anything the average PC user needs to do, and quite well, I might add.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            orangeusa
                            • Jul 2009
                            • 9055

                            You are kinda selling.

                            Where are you in Texas? (Roughly - my dad had a place in South Texas/Brownsville).

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              the86d
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Jul 2011
                              • 9587

                              Originally posted by Dragunov
                              I've been refurbishing, and upgrading laptops for the last three months. 90% are the Lenovo ThinkPad T400. I paid $30 apiece for 60 of them over the last three months. All are upgraded to 8gb/ram, 500gb, 7200rpm Hdd, Linux Mint 17.2, or Win7 Home Premium with Libre Office. I've been selling them for $225/each, and can't keep them "on the shelves", and I can't get more, fast enough. People are TIRED of the WinX debacle, or Microsoft altogether. On the other hand, Office Depot, has been struggling to sell any new computers. The manager blames me for it, instead of the fact that they sell bloatware infested, WinX computers, at ridiculous prices that for all intents and purposes, run much worse than the ones I fix and sell. Apparently, I'm the only person around here that knows what they're doing with laptops, and my rates are extremely reasonable...
                              Hell, these run Windows 7 GREAT, even with 3-6GB of RAM, x86 OR a 64 bit Win7 and an old Intel OEM 64GB SSD, up-until you put Win 10 on them...
                              I actually took one I use for utility at work on a trip, and when I got back, that is when I turned on the wayback machine and this is actually the model that I went back to Win7 on.
                              Win 10 dragged randomly, for no reason at all, like it was trying to anticipate nothing... and so it did nothing fast, accordingly.
                              Indexing is a joke, ever since implementing it, and it is easier and more efficient to use the CLI for file searches.

                              They run Elementary OS just fine too, even with less RAM...
                              Last edited by the86d; 06-22-2016, 5:21 AM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1