Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

IPHONE 6S not being recognized but desktop

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • mlevans66
    Calguns Addict
    • Oct 2009
    • 9516

    IPHONE 6S not being recognized but desktop

    CG'ers I spent a couple of hours on Saturday trying to figure out why this new ITUNES has messed up my system to where my IPHONE will not be recongnized. My Windows Installer is stuff on manual and will not go auto. What am I to do?
    The liberal see's the glass as half full and tries to take more.
    The conservative see's glass as half empty and tries to keep it that way.
    I'm with the people on the side just pouring water in the glass trying to get a drink!
  • #2
    the86d
    Calguns Addict
    • Jul 2011
    • 9591

    Originally posted by mlevans66
    ...What am I to do?
    Get an Android, cheaper, readily-available-cheap INDUSTRY-STANDARD cables, and more efficient.
    IRL, "Why I don't use Apple products": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfrYOWlKJ_g

    If this fails on an Android, just enable (s)FTP/SaMBa service/application when on WiFi, which is probably available on iPhruity device these days but Apple is always behind.
    When you have 3 Apple devices that can't setup a Chromecast, something is wrong if all Android devices in the house can.
    Last edited by the86d; 06-14-2016, 4:05 AM.

    Comment

    • #3
      j-shot
      Senior Member
      • Jan 2014
      • 1646

      Originally posted by mlevans66
      CG'ers I spent a couple of hours on Saturday trying to figure out why this new ITUNES has messed up my system to where my IPHONE will not be recongnized. My Windows Installer is stuff on manual and will not go auto. What am I to do?
      Update itunes and windows.

      Can also delete old profiles in itunes.
      Originally posted by Citadelgrad87
      ...what we have here is a hillary panty sniffer...
      Originally posted by Appleseed
      A Rifleman understands that owning and mastering a rifle is part of his heritage as an American.
      Originally posted by ProShooter
      No man, butt rape is happening like, all of the time in prison. It's basically just one huge orgy.

      Comment

      • #4
        mlevans66
        Calguns Addict
        • Oct 2009
        • 9516

        Originally posted by j-shot
        Update itunes and windows.

        Can also delete old profiles in itunes.
        Did that like 3 or 4 times. Its the drive installer that being a douche. I can not turn it from manual to automatic. Any solutions?
        The liberal see's the glass as half full and tries to take more.
        The conservative see's glass as half empty and tries to keep it that way.
        I'm with the people on the side just pouring water in the glass trying to get a drink!

        Comment

        • #5
          Iknownot
          Senior Member
          • Jul 2007
          • 2174

          I had that happen to me once back in my iphone 3gs days. Something happened between a phone update and a itunes update and the drive installer stopped working correctly.

          The only thing I could get to work was a complete reinstall of Itunes. That was at the time.

          I have had it since then where if itunes was not up to date, or if the iphone's software was not up to date, the drive installer would not open until everything was updated correctly. Are you sure you have everything fully updated?

          Comment

          • #6
            j-shot
            Senior Member
            • Jan 2014
            • 1646

            Originally posted by mlevans66
            Did that like 3 or 4 times. Its the drive installer that being a douche. I can not turn it from manual to automatic. Any solutions?
            If you are on windows 7 or newer try this:

            1. Go into device manager, delete problematic device.

            2. When given option, delete driver also.

            3. Click windows button (start button)

            4. In search box enter change device installation settings

            5. Hit enter key.

            6. Make desired change.

            7. Click Save Changes
            Originally posted by Citadelgrad87
            ...what we have here is a hillary panty sniffer...
            Originally posted by Appleseed
            A Rifleman understands that owning and mastering a rifle is part of his heritage as an American.
            Originally posted by ProShooter
            No man, butt rape is happening like, all of the time in prison. It's basically just one huge orgy.

            Comment

            • #7
              NicholasMeleeMan
              Junior Member
              • May 2016
              • 41

              This is one of the reasons why I switched to Android. I like some of the features of iPhone but I find it complicated to use.
              "We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training."

              -Archilochos

              http://energypronto.com

              Comment

              • #8
                mlevans66
                Calguns Addict
                • Oct 2009
                • 9516

                Originally posted by j-shot
                If you are on windows 7 or newer try this:

                1. Go into device manager, delete problematic device.

                2. When given option, delete driver also.

                3. Click windows button (start button)

                4. In search box enter change device installation settings

                5. Hit enter key.

                6. Make desired change.

                7. Click Save Changes
                Thank you! I was looking for something like this and forgot about it.
                The liberal see's the glass as half full and tries to take more.
                The conservative see's glass as half empty and tries to keep it that way.
                I'm with the people on the side just pouring water in the glass trying to get a drink!

                Comment

                • #9
                  mlevans66
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Oct 2009
                  • 9516

                  Originally posted by NicholasMeleeMan
                  This is one of the reasons why I switched to Android. I like some of the features of iPhone but I find it complicated to use.
                  They are really not be every few updates something like this happens. My ex's android updates used to SUUUUUUCK. We used to have issues every time and it as a Galaxy S line.
                  The liberal see's the glass as half full and tries to take more.
                  The conservative see's glass as half empty and tries to keep it that way.
                  I'm with the people on the side just pouring water in the glass trying to get a drink!

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    NicholasMeleeMan
                    Junior Member
                    • May 2016
                    • 41

                    Originally posted by mlevans66
                    They are really not be every few updates something like this happens. My ex's android updates used to SUUUUUUCK. We used to have issues every time and it as a Galaxy S line.
                    Updates are meant to fix known issues... It can be compatibility issues with some software or apps installed in your phone. Mine is working perfectly.
                    "We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training."

                    -Archilochos

                    http://energypronto.com

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      rigorkrad
                      Junior Member
                      • Nov 2015
                      • 54

                      Try deleting all files in the lockdown folder. The lockdown folder contains infomormaton needed to access your iPhone when it is locked by a pin code. The lowdown folder resets trust device, if you tried everything else. Sometimes erasing files in the lockdown folder fixes your problem.

                      Call AppleCare. they will waive phone support fees ( try that at the AT&T store that sold you your android. ! ) for any itunes issues. Even if you have windows.

                      If you take an android phone in for help they just charge you $150 at geek squad. If you take an iPhone to an Apple Store, they wont charge you for help. Even if its slightly older.


                      Disconnect all iOS devices from your computer.
                      Quit iTunes.
                      Press the Windows key on your keyboard. ...
                      Click on the magnifying icon or search field. ...
                      Double-click the Apple folder.
                      Right-click the Lockdown folder and choose Delete.
                      Restart your computer and iOS device.




                      another thing you can try is deleting apple mobile device helper service and related files and rebooting and reinstalling itunes


                      How many songs / photos do you use itunes to sync to your phone? Another thing you can do is just pay 99 cents a month for 50 gigs for 2.99 a month for 200 gigs
                      Of iCloud and just backup / and store all your crap on iCloud. And never use itunes ever again. If you have a large music library, you can store it on icloud using " iTunes Match" for $25 a year. Google has a free google play feature. But I believe iTunes Match (aka iCloud music library ) has better matching.

                      Apple Music is something else, I wont go into it

                      "Matching" means they take your low quality mp3 files , upgrade them to 256 bit iTunes Store Copies , remove DRM on any previously purchased music and legitimize your music library.

                      Starting in iOS 8 , apple uses "app thinning" this means the iPhone only stores the iPhone version of the APP. Your ipad only stores the ipad version of the app. Because of this, apps are no longer transferred from your iPhone back into itunes. All apps are usually synced from the iTunes Store. If you want to speed it up restoring your iPhone backup from itunes and want to transfer the apps, you have to keep copies of all apps ( and updates ) in itunes,

                      In order to store your entire camera roll on iCloud, you must pay for the storage. "Photo stream" Is just a temporary box that only stores 1000 pictures. And it is not meant for storing your photos permanently
                      Last edited by rigorkrad; 06-26-2016, 9:03 PM.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1