Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Home theater help

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    holt7153
    CGN Contributor
    • Aug 2010
    • 1877

    Originally posted by sholling
    AVS has a lot of good information but it's the audio-video equivalent of AR15.com. You have to sift through a ton of "my friend says" and "I read" noise to get to the nuggets of information.
    Did you stop posting on AVS? I haven't seen you over there in a while and I don't post much there either. It's still the same people arguing over the best $1000 sub.
    sigpic

    Comment

    • #17
      RobG
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2006
      • 4887

      Originally posted by sholling

      AVS has a lot of good information but it's the audio-video equivalent of AR15.com. You have to sift through a ton of "my friend says" and "I read" noise to get to the nuggets of information. Audioholics is smaller and have zero tolerance for noise and BSers.

      Haven't spent much time there the past few years but, I never got that feeling although there are some folks that are a bit, overbearing.

      Comment

      • #18
        sholling
        I need a LIFE!!
        CGN Contributor
        • Sep 2007
        • 10360

        Originally posted by holt7153
        Did you stop posting on AVS? I haven't seen you over there in a while and I don't post much there either. It's still the same people arguing over the best $1000 sub.
        I never posted a lot at AVS, just once in a while, and I even took a year or so off from Audioholics to concentrate on other hobbies and causes.

        Originally posted by RobG
        Haven't spent much time there the past few years but, I never got that feeling although there are some folks that are a bit, overbearing.
        AVS has some really smart members and audio experts that really know what they're talking about. Unfortunately, they also have (or at least used to have - I've been gone a while) a fair number of youngsters with little to no clue who try to sound like they know more than they do. The brand fanbois and the "my friend's cousin's brother's uncles' 3rd ex-wife's husband says" types. They don't have the money to buy anything yet so they read posts by the hour and parrot what they read.
        Last edited by sholling; 06-12-2016, 2:45 AM.
        "Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." --FREDERIC BASTIAT--

        Proud Life Member: National Rifle Association, the Second Amendment Foundation, and the California Rifle & Pistol Association

        Comment

        Working...
        UA-8071174-1