Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Apple iOS 8.3 update screwed with my HDMI adapter

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • perpetual otter
    Calguns Addict
    • Jul 2007
    • 5093

    Apple iOS 8.3 update screwed with my HDMI adapter

    Hey gang,

    I use my iPhone 6 to connect to a TV in my garage so that I could use Netflix via a Lightening to HDMI adapter. The latest update to iOS 8.3 seems to have disrupted this. Now I get a "display not supported" message when I try to watch something.

    Is there a fix to this outside of "downgrading" the OS?

    And no I'm not going to switch to android so please spare me those responses... Or at least limit them to only the first 2.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by perpetual otter; 04-29-2015, 9:56 AM.
    I provide opinions...
    At a rapid rate.
  • #2
    mobbology
    Member
    • Apr 2013
    • 415

    General > reset > reset all settings
    Subscribe to "MOBBIN Outdoors"

    Comment

    • #3
      the86d
      Calguns Addict
      • Jul 2011
      • 9591

      Microwave-charge it.


      IRL: a Chromecast is only ~$35, and you'll never have this issue again, and no connector loosen-up if you don't plug anything in all the time...
      My maw and Paw's iPhones, AND their iPad wouldn't initially setup their Chromecast, but after I set it up (w/ Android), they haven't had an issue with iPhruity devices controlling it.

      Do you get HD via plugging in on an iPhone w/no lag on a big screen?
      Last edited by the86d; 04-28-2015, 4:49 AM.

      Comment

      • #4
        gabe123
        Member
        • Jul 2009
        • 491

        Chromecast or Amazon Fire TV would solve your problem for good. I have learned thru out the years not to buy Apple cable connectors because they become obsolete very quickly.

        Comment

        Working...
        UA-8071174-1