Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Personal Advertisement of Guns

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • PatC415
    • Nov 2014
    • 979

    Personal Advertisement of Guns

    Some time ago, I decided to take the NRA sticker off the back of my campershell. I have also, over time, stopped wearing anything associated with guns. I still enjoy my toys, reload, trade, etc., but don't feel the need to advertise.
    I see all these youngsters with their stickers, clothes and whatnot, and see it as, well....not sure.
    Maybe because I'm getting older, or more careful. Traveling with guns, too and from, has caused me not to want to attract attention.
    What say ye on this topic Calgunners?
    It's not the fall that kills you, it's the sudden stop at the bottom.
  • #2
    MountainMike
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2011
    • 674

    I've never seen the appeal of wearing or otherwise displaying someone's advertisement.

    Comment

    • #3
      Loubot10
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 2012
      • 3078

      I've never advertised what I don't want stolen.
      sigpic

      Originally posted by Lone_Gunman
      They want to be rulers. Well I don't effing want to be ruled, I want to be represented.

      Comment

      • #4
        cmichini
        Senior Member
        • Oct 2008
        • 1739

        F the world - I don't advertise my interests to every d-bag on the road. Regardless of it being golf, shooting, my political leanings, whether I dig hookers & blow, etc.

        No advertising on my vehicle whatsoever.

        I do have a variety of t-shirts (local brewery, ham radio field day, sailing gear for boats I've raced on, etc.), but at least I can control when that shows. A such, I consider much different than a bumper sticker on a vehicle.
        NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
        NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

        Comment

        • #5
          WASR10
          • Aug 2011
          • 2455

          I have a Fowl Fanatics sticker on my rear window, so I guess that implies firearm ownership. Other than that all I have is an old Glock shirt I mow the lawn in.
          Mark 16:16

          Comment

          • #6
            alex332
            Member
            • Sep 2012
            • 189

            I can see both sides.

            I don't want to draw attention to myself but at the same time shouldn't be afraid of wearing 2A related clothing around.

            Are you more afraid of some anti making a big deal about your NRA stickers/clothing or someone casing your neighborhood looking to break in and take guns?

            I can understand wanting to protect your home and self from the common criminal. I'm not worried about some college liberal trying to heckle me about my 2A clothing. I wouldn't even waste my time with them and would just keep walking.

            Comment

            • #7
              davidb
              Senior Member
              • Sep 2010
              • 1769

              I don't put stickers up but more because I think it's kind of tacky, not advertising ownership on my vehicles is a plus for a couple possible reasons like someone following me home for a burglary or a crazy anti vandalizing my vehicle.

              I transport my guns in discreet cases and try not to tell anyone I have guns, but I do wear gun/2a related t shirts sometimes, same as I wear Kawasaki and motorcycle shirts, for some reason I just don't think people look into the t shirt your wearing as much as political related sticker on a vehicle, and antis are much less likely to confront you face to face where they will be able to see your shirt as opposed to vandalize you sneakily or when they are in a vehicle and can get away

              Comment

              • #8
                liberty47
                Senior Member
                • Jun 2012
                • 1566

                I'll wear shirts but no stickers on cars

                Comment

                • #9
                  liamettocs
                  Member
                  • Jun 2014
                  • 308

                  The only sticker I have on my car is "U.S. Marine Corps" on the rear window. I think it's helped me a couple times when I was pulled over. And yes, I served, 6 years.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    jyo
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Sep 2008
                    • 5320

                    Over the years, I've received a drawer full of NRA stickers that have never been displayed...

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Mister.E
                      Member
                      • Jul 2010
                      • 137

                      I don't wear or advertise anything, never liked or wanted to be a walking billboard. No stickers on the truck, tshirts are all plain solid colors, always been that way. With guns, no need to attract unwanted attention.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Devilmonkey89
                        Senior Member
                        • Sep 2013
                        • 1539

                        Just wore my black t -shirt with a neon green AR15 printed on the front, from freedom industries to college all day long. No one really seem to give a damm, only the cashier at 7/11 said he liked my shirt. I have thought of putting a gadsen flag sticker on my car, but haven't yet.
                        NRA Lifetime Member

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          low67vdubinnocal
                          Senior Member
                          CGN Contributor
                          • Dec 2013
                          • 816

                          Could care less what anyone else thinks about what I wear or put on my car.
                          VW's Are not for Hippies...
                          Play's Cello in a marching band...

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            WaltKowalski
                            Member
                            • Jan 2015
                            • 193

                            I see people all the time at the range taking pictures and videos and posting them on FB and instagram. They do it for bragging rights and to have a sense of cool. Little do they know that all gov't agencies have API's into facebook and instagram and have full access to anything you do.

                            Isn't it a bit douchy to show off? whatever happened to speaking softly and carrying a big stick?

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              bsg
                              I need a LIFE!!
                              • Jan 2009
                              • 25954

                              i drive a nondescript vehicle that has no individualized markings on it. i don't broadcast possession or ownership of guns from my vehicle or home.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1