Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

I miss my Rok-ola

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Dano3467
    Calguns Addict
    • Mar 2013
    • 7381

    I miss my Rok-ola

    Every time I see FS M1 carbine on CG I get all nostalgic for my baby.

    Years ago for some, I'm sure stupid reason, I sold my beautiful Rock-ola M1 carbine...today is no different.

    Anyone else feel like that when you see a prize you gave up ?


  • #2
    BigPimping
    CGN Contributor
    • Feb 2010
    • 21487

    I was insane enough to sell a Russian Makarov in box brand new. I also sold a Remington 870 410 gauge brand new. At the time I really needed the money.
    Last edited by BigPimping; 12-18-2014, 11:21 AM.
    sigpic

    PIMP stands for Positive Intellectual Motivated Person

    When pimping begins, friendship ends.

    Don't let your history be a mystery

    Comment

    • #3
      mstlaurent
      Senior Member
      • Mar 2007
      • 1408

      When my dad passed we sold off almost his entire collection, for way less than it was worth, to a "friend" of the family. I was young and naive, and my life was heading in a direction where I wouldn't be able to keep them, but I still kick myself for it every time I think about it.

      Coincidentally, he had a National Postal Meter carbine in that collection. I have an IBM carbine now that I bought from the last stock at the CMP, and it is going nowhere. My kids can fight over it when I die.
      I've never seen an American flag burned at a gun show.

      Comment

      • #4
        thenodnarb
        Veteran Member
        • May 2009
        • 2603

        No, cus I don't sell guns as a rule for this reason. I did sell a mosin once cus I didn't care for it, and I sold my XD to buy a S&W 357. Both good decisions. Neither was something special. maybe one day in my old age, I'll want a mosin, but probably not.

        I can't understand these people who sell guns so readily. you'll never get it back for the price you paid. Falling on hard times? Ok, maybe. But I've heard so many stories like this where people regret selling a gun later on.

        Never Sell!

        How I Powder Coat Pistol Bullets
        How I Powder Coat Rifle Bullets

        Comment

        • #5
          xxINKxx
          Veteran Member
          • Jun 2008
          • 4289

          It's just a copy...and its $1200?!
          "If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." - Thomas Jefferson

          Comment

          • #6
            thenodnarb
            Veteran Member
            • May 2009
            • 2603

            Originally posted by xxINKxx
            It's just a copy...and its $1200?!
            I think if I was going to go with a new production, it would be an inland manufacturing version. They bought the tooling from GM(inland division) for the original carbine, so they are made to spec with the original tools. Pretty cool IMO.
            But you can still pick up nice wartime carbines in the $800 range.
            Last edited by thenodnarb; 12-16-2014, 11:22 AM.

            How I Powder Coat Pistol Bullets
            How I Powder Coat Rifle Bullets

            Comment

            • #7
              BigPimping
              CGN Contributor
              • Feb 2010
              • 21487

              Originally posted by thenodnarb
              No, cus I don't sell guns as a rule for this reason. I did sell a mosin once cus I didn't care for it, and I sold my XD to buy a S&W 357. Both good decisions. Neither was something special. maybe one day in my old age, I'll want a mosin, but probably not.

              I can't understand these people who sell guns so readily. you'll never get it back for the price you paid. Falling on hard times? Ok, maybe. But I've heard so many stories like this where people regret selling a gun later on.

              Never Sell!
              Agreed......I will never sell again. I hope........
              sigpic

              PIMP stands for Positive Intellectual Motivated Person

              When pimping begins, friendship ends.

              Don't let your history be a mystery

              Comment

              • #8
                Dano3467
                Calguns Addict
                • Mar 2013
                • 7381

                xxINKxx.....
                My Rok-ola was no copy, but an original Korean war piece, and very clean, just a couple stock bumps.

                And selling is off the table for future firearms...there are others I've sold in the same time period, and regret everyone of them.

                we do stupid thing sometimes, this was only one of mine...

                Comment

                • #9
                  thenodnarb
                  Veteran Member
                  • May 2009
                  • 2603

                  Originally posted by Dano3467
                  xxINKxx.....
                  My Rok-ola was no copy, but an original Korean war piece, and very clean, just a couple stock bumps.
                  He was referring the the link you posted. james River rock-ola

                  How I Powder Coat Pistol Bullets
                  How I Powder Coat Rifle Bullets

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    pdq_wizzard
                    Veteran Member
                    • May 2008
                    • 3813

                    I miss my Ruger single six that had the 22mg cylinder, bought it when I was 13 at a gunshow in Salt Lake City (funny thing is the guy made sure my dad was ok with it so I don't know about the gun-show loop hole)

                    The ones I don't miss are a savage 30.06 that I traded for a car (when I was 15 needed a car. also it was just an off the shelf rifle, and was replaced 20 years later)

                    and just last year I sold my Sig P220 never could get used to DA/SA trigger. I like DA or SA on guns just not DA/SA.

                    but the others in my safe, like was said above the kids can fight over them after I'm gone.
                    Q: What was the most positive result of the "Cash for Clunkers" program?
                    A: It took 95% of the Obama bumper stickers off the road.

                    Originally posted by M. Sage
                    More what? More crazy?
                    You live in California. There's always more crazy. It's a renewable resource.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      SneezySky
                      Buy once cry once
                      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                      • Oct 2013
                      • 331

                      I am currently pre-missing a gun that I am thinking of selling.

                      I have an unfired IAI M1 carbine. I would like to have a shooter and also an original. The IAI are supposed to be the best of the rest. I can't decide if I should shoot it, keep it, or sell it.
                      Live your life like you don't have a spare.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1