Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Dumbest thing you ever shot at...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • manny
    Senior Member
    • Jun 2009
    • 542

    Dumbest thing you ever shot at...

    I'll start.

    In my much younger years we were shooting some TIRES we found on public land, heck, we even stood them up and shot at the flat treads so we could get a bigger target.

    I think it was after about the 3rd or 4th shot with the SKS (no less) at about 20 feet, that we noticed something kept hitting our pants after every shot. Needless to say we quit real quick.

    Still have those slugs somewhere today. We were so bright we shined
    https://www.youtube.com/user/mannyCA
    Shooting ▪Handloading▪Repair▪Maintenance▪Self-Reliance Gun Culture.
    sigpic
  • #2
    Jimmybacon43
    Senior Member
    • Jun 2013
    • 2000

    Bullets ricocheted off of a tire? wth?
    Originally posted by RookieShooter
    One of the theory is that the hormones they put in the milk. That is why there are more obesity and homosexual today then back in the 60's.

    Comment

    • #3
      Moemoe1
      Senior Member
      • Dec 2012
      • 1571

      Shot a plastic tub with a BB gun when I was a kid. Thing hit me straight In the forehead. That's when I learned that bullets ricochet off stuff, BBs or not lol

      Comment

      • #4
        dirtrider04
        Member
        • Mar 2014
        • 211

        ^ I wouldn't have guessed that either.

        Comment

        • #5
          brianm767
          Senior Member
          • Feb 2006
          • 2396

          My friend Dan? He was pretty dumb. Oh how I remember those BB gun fights.

          Comment

          • #6
            teetsjones
            CGN/CGSSA Contributor
            • Apr 2013
            • 1374

            The back of a .22 short with a bb gun when I was 10. Laid the round on a stick put the bb gun barrel against the round.

            Comment

            • #7
              teetsjones
              CGN/CGSSA Contributor
              • Apr 2013
              • 1374

              Almost forgot IB someone says, "myself".

              Comment

              • #8
                Spyder
                CGN Contributor
                • Mar 2008
                • 17271

                Front hub on a '64 Ford 1 ton 4x4, with a 50BMG.

                Everyone almost died from the shrapnel.

                Comment

                • #9
                  uhlan1
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Aug 2012
                  • 6217

                  I can't say that I ever have.
                  "Hence it happened that all the armed prophets conquered, all the unarmed perished." - Niccolo Machiavelli

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    SB1964
                    Veteran Member
                    • Mar 2012
                    • 4876

                    I bought a mossy 12 guage as a kid. Shot an older steel hubcap with birdshot & it didn't do squat. I shot the same hubcap with 2 3/4 00 buck, it tore right through it! I shot a LMT .45 ACP "backup" tiny small pistol...It ripped my thumb open with the slide. I don't shoot small, larger caliber guns anymore.
                    Yes I took the pic, no I didn't go swimming!

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      teetsjones
                      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                      • Apr 2013
                      • 1374

                      Originally posted by SB1964
                      I bought a mossy 12 guage as a kid. Shot an older steel hubcap with birdshot & it didn't do squat. I shot the same hubcap with 2 3/4 00 buck, it tore right through it! I shot a LMT .45 ACP "backup" tiny small pistol...It ripped my thumb open with the slide. I don't shoot small, larger caliber guns anymore.
                      Do you mean the AMT Back Up .45? Those triggers were brutal. The only gun I have ever tried that had a heavier trigger pull was a Nagant Revover. If you had to defend yourself with either, your assailant will probably have beaten your a** by the time you pull that trigger.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        C.W.M.V.
                        Banned
                        • Feb 2010
                        • 4647

                        Iraqis.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          kygen
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jun 2012
                          • 3259

                          mannequin
                          Originally posted by thrillhouse700
                          I have to wait until all the info is in before I make a statement. Obviously the family dogs had it coming.... other than that, waiting on more info.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            sd_shooter
                            I need a LIFE!!
                            • Dec 2008
                            • 14278

                            Can of spray paint. The exit wound is large, they fly back at you! My wife's car still wears the paint :-)

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Swampcrip
                              Senior Member
                              • Jan 2013
                              • 1093

                              Originally posted by C.W.M.V.
                              Iraqis.
                              Thats wrong on so many levels. Id be lying is I said I didnt smirk a little.
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1