Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

List of Safe Contents?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • thatryan
    Member
    CGN Contributor
    • Apr 2012
    • 341

    List of Safe Contents?

    Do you keep a list of everything in your safe, just in case? Photos, serial numbers, weapons, accessories etc? Hardcopy or digital files encrypted maybe?
    I build stuff for the internet
  • #2
    JTecalo
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 2008
    • 3619

    I use a db program called Firearm and Knife Collector software http://softwarescripts.net/Firearm_A..._Software.html

    but I'm thinking of trying the CMP collector software so I can add in my tools and other items. http://www.nmcollectorsoftware.com/

    Jim

    Comment

    • #3
      toby
      Banned
      • Jan 2010
      • 10576

      Pics are worth their weight in gold. I don't get anal with it just simple documentation and pics.

      Comment

      • #4
        Tank 57
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 2009
        • 4183

        No,but it's a good idea.One of the things in my safe is a complete list of everything in my wallet.

        Comment

        • #5
          CK_32
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Sep 2010
          • 14369

          I use to.... I use to keep my guns, ammo, mags, big bills (safety money) accessories and important documents (HSC, SSC, Passport ect).


          Until I filled my safe full of guns. Now it's just guns and 3 of he 80 mags I have. I'm still trying to find a place to store my ammo, gear, mags and reloading gear. My documents and stuff all went to my parents house in their file cabinet for the time being.
          For Sale: AR500 Lvl III+ ASC Armor

          What's Your Caliber??


          My Youtube channel

          Comment

          • #6
            NiteQwill
            Calguns Addict
            • Dec 2007
            • 6368

            Yes. Digital, encrypted in several locations.

            Plus my bank requires it because I insure everything through them.

            The fate of the wounded rest in the hands of the ones who apply the first dressing.

            Comment

            • #7
              xxINKxx
              Veteran Member
              • Jun 2008
              • 4289

              If anything ever gets stolen and u have no idea of the serial numbers then your SOL on reporting them stolen ect.
              "If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." - Thomas Jefferson

              Comment

              • #8
                thatryan
                Member
                CGN Contributor
                • Apr 2012
                • 341

                I really need to get documenting yeah. Do you print out photos as well? Any other cool applications you know of for taking inventory?

                Thanks!
                I build stuff for the internet

                Comment

                • #9
                  Capybara
                  CGSSA Coordinator
                  CGN Contributor
                  • Feb 2012
                  • 15665

                  My Gun DB is decent, it's not slick but it gets the job done and you can enter serials #s, pictures, dates, condition, notes, values, etc. and you can keep a good list of your ammo too.
                  NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor, Shotgun Instructor and Range Safety Officer

                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Dano3467
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Mar 2013
                    • 7381

                    you'll need it for reimbursement from insurance policy....so yes...

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      RTE
                      Senior Member
                      • May 2009
                      • 1948

                      I have a paper list of what and the ss numbers.
                      Pictures are on the list IF I can ever find the time.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        bsg
                        I need a LIFE!!
                        • Jan 2009
                        • 25954

                        i keep documentation in hard copy.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          L84CABO
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Mar 2009
                          • 8776

                          Originally posted by thatryan
                          Do you keep a list of everything in your safe, just in case? Photos, serial numbers, weapons, accessories etc? Hardcopy or digital files encrypted maybe?
                          Not just the safe. The whole house. I have a list of all the important stuff. Including serial numbers, etc. Plus I've used Quicken for the last 20+ years. And just about everything I buy gets recorded. So I can literally pull a report of, say, 98% of everything I've ever spent money on.

                          Then I have photos of the important assets. And a video walking through the house...all rooms, closets, cabinets, etc. And I have copies of all receipts of all major assets...including the firearms. I also have copies of my resume, references, diploma, insurance policies, deeds, trust documents, etc. Everything.

                          All of this is digitally recorded. And encrypted (using TruCrypt...It's free. Check it out). And stored on two different thumb drives...in addition to my computer. One drive I keep with me. Always. The other sits in a safe deposit box. Once or twice a year I take a weekend and update everything.
                          "Kestryll I wanna lick your doughnut."

                          Fighter Pilot

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            liberty47
                            Senior Member
                            • Jun 2012
                            • 1566

                            This is handy form for firearms.

                            This datasheet is intended for the end users of firearms and owners who want to keep track of records for insurance or other needsPersonal Firearms Record Gun Owners Data Sheet


                            This was also posted in a thread dealing with a wife who had no idea what her late husband's guns were worth.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              uhlan1
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Aug 2012
                              • 6217

                              I keep everything on a spreadsheet plus mags and such. Pics of everything as well. keep on flash drives. Periodically update value range. This way when I croak, you guys won't be able to unmercifully lowball her in the Marketplace.
                              "Hence it happened that all the armed prophets conquered, all the unarmed perished." - Niccolo Machiavelli

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1