Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Friendly Reminder to add that long gun!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • liberty47
    Senior Member
    • Jun 2012
    • 1566

    Friendly Reminder to add that long gun!

    For those of you DROSing a handgun before 2015 you should add a long gun to that transaction if you can afford it.

    Save the fee on the $25 DROS plus we all have to get a FSC for long guns in 2015 which will be an additional cost.

    Sorry if dupe, but hopefully a helpful reminder.
    Last edited by liberty47; 11-20-2014, 10:40 AM.
  • #2
    PolishMike
    Calguns Addict
    • Nov 2007
    • 6034

    Yes! You can even add a dozen! Please do
    Artist formally known as CEO of Tracy Rifle and Pistol

    Comment

    • #3
      mabilis_matulis
      Calguns Addict
      • Oct 2012
      • 5121

      You are right... If only i could afford it...
      sigpic
      "its hard to face the problem if the problem is your face"

      Comment

      • #4
        tjg
        Member
        • Sep 2010
        • 180

        At what point in time in the DROS process can you add a long gun? Can you add it when you're picking your handgun up after the 10 day wait?

        Comment

        • #5
          Bullitt01
          Veteran Member
          • Sep 2013
          • 3905

          Can i DROS some AR lowers at the same time?

          Comment

          • #6
            liberty47
            Senior Member
            • Jun 2012
            • 1566

            Of course you can (and if I'm wrong someone will correct me)

            Comment

            • #7
              M1NM
              Calguns Addict
              • Oct 2011
              • 7966

              Yep think my gun buyin days are over in CA. Too many rules/fees/etc. At 64 I've got enough guns and ammo to last for many years. Do have to get some more 20ga for my last trade. Downsized my collection to guns that won't raise flags but would be real handy to get more firepower ala the WWII Liberator.

              Comment

              • #8
                SmellOfCordite
                Senior Member
                • May 2010
                • 532

                Thanks for reminding me OP!
                Автомат Калашникова

                Comment

                • #9
                  liberty47
                  Senior Member
                  • Jun 2012
                  • 1566

                  Originally posted by tjg
                  At what point in time in the DROS process can you add a long gun? Can you add it when you're picking your handgun up after the 10 day wait?
                  dros hand gun and long gun at same time

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    G-Man WC
                    In Memoriam
                    • Oct 2005
                    • 10991

                    The voice of reason. I like the way you think!
                    -g
                    If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
                    -Samuel Adams

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      jeffyhog
                      Veteran Member
                      • Nov 2010
                      • 2759

                      If I'm buying a handgun PPT, can I buy a rifle from the FFL and add it to the DROS?

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Fishslayer
                        In Memoriam
                        • Jan 2010
                        • 13035

                        Originally posted by M1NM
                        Yep think my gun buyin days are over in CA. Too many rules/fees/etc. At 64...
                        I'm 60 and going through some stuff that has me wondering how much longer... well... never mind...

                        Yup. My "needs" in both long & short guns were met long ago. Anything from here on in will be "additions" "looks like fun" or "the wife needs one." Well... except for the O/U 12ga trap gun... that's a "need," right?

                        I'm not really sure about regs. Call me but I'm pretty sure Big Bro knows what I got...
                        "He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
                        You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
                        You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."


                        Originally Posted by JackRydden224
                        I hope Ruger pays the extortion fees for the SR1911. I mean the gun is just as good if not better than a Les Baer.
                        Originally posted by redcliff
                        A Colt collector shooting Rugers is like Hugh Grant cheating on Elizabeth Hurley with a hooker.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          liberty47
                          Senior Member
                          • Jun 2012
                          • 1566

                          Originally posted by jeffyhog
                          If I'm buying a handgun PPT, can I buy a rifle from the FFL and add it to the DROS?
                          I belive so

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Screehopper
                            Member
                            • Sep 2006
                            • 206

                            Originally posted by Bullitt01
                            Can i DROS some AR lowers at the same time?
                            Yup. I've done that before.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              liberty47
                              Senior Member
                              • Jun 2012
                              • 1566

                              Bump

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1