Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Were you once... Anti-Gun?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Heero
    Member
    • May 2013
    • 127

    Were you once... Anti-Gun?

    I had this question popped up in my head the other day and I'm really curious to find out from members of this board. Have any of you guys ever been Anti-Gun at a certain time of your life, and then completely changed your mind due an experience? Such as finally learning about firearms, handling one, convinced by a friend/family member, etc.? It would be nice to hear from those who actually were once anti-gunners and then made a change to become pro-gun.
    Last edited by Heero; 11-14-2014, 8:51 PM.
  • #2
    Condorguns
    Still lost in the desert
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Dec 2007
    • 3302

    No I was raised in a gun shop.

    I can say I have seen a noticeable jump in previously anti gun people buying first firearms in my shop in the last 5 years.
    You, you, and you: Panic. The rest of you, come with me.
    Incoming fire has the right of way.

    Comment

    • #3
      lakersandguns
      Banned
      • Oct 2011
      • 5814

      F*** no. Been practicing my 2a since a young age

      Comment

      • #4
        sealocan
        Calguns Addict
        • Mar 2012
        • 9956

        nope

        Comment

        • #5
          Heero
          Member
          • May 2013
          • 127

          Originally posted by Condorguns
          No I was raised in a gun shop.

          I can say I have seen a noticeable jump in previously anti gun people buying first firearms in my shop in the last 5 years.
          Did any of those people share why they started buying firearms?

          Comment

          • #6
            AGFNTB
            Senior Member
            • Jan 2014
            • 804

            Nope. I have never been anti any inanimate object. Laws should regulate dangerous behaviors (ie shooting people in non defensive situations), not objects (ie guns with more than 10 round capacity).

            Comment

            • #7
              Euphoria526
              Veteran Member
              • Jun 2012
              • 3812

              I'll be honest, when I was younger I leaned that way, I was very Naive. Not anti, not pro, just ignorant and in experienced. didn't see the need at the time. Then I grew up and saw the world for what it was. A couple years ago a work buddy took me shooting and I GOT HOOKED to shooting and guns. Easy transition because I played paintball as a kid.
              As I got more into the culture I realized that I never wanted to be or saw myself as a victim for anything. Not saying I'm aggressive in anyway, shape or form, but now I know better and love this defensive hobby we all have and try to get more people into it as much as I can. Since I bought oney dad bought one and my uncle bought more. Probably
              Going to take a family trip to a handgun course soon as well.
              Originally posted by Jimi Jah
              I punch paper only because it is illegal to punch people.
              Originally posted by elpaisa1
              I think flatulence is a more serious crime. I think it should be a misdemeanor with a 1000 dollar fine or 6 months of jail. It should be a felony if done near an open flame.

              Originally posted by Euphoria526
              I'm so awesome, I think I'll quote myself

              Comment

              • #8
                CK_32
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Sep 2010
                • 14369

                Nope.

                Always played army men, shot BB guns and shot real guns as I got older. Luckily I had a cousin close to my age who was like my brother who also was I to military stuff
                For Sale: AR500 Lvl III+ ASC Armor

                What's Your Caliber??


                My Youtube channel

                Comment

                • #9
                  uhlan1
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Aug 2012
                  • 6217

                  Nope, never.
                  "Hence it happened that all the armed prophets conquered, all the unarmed perished." - Niccolo Machiavelli

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Heero
                    Member
                    • May 2013
                    • 127

                    My story is... I've always wanted a gun but since I lived with my family at the time I felt that it wasn't necessary. It was not until one night, I heard noises outside my house. I looked out my window and saw that people were going through my mailbox at 3am in the morning, and they were peering inside my car on the driveway. I called the police and they arrived 30 seconds too late. They were gone. That was done deal for me... I was thinking, what if those guys decided to break in my house and I had no protection? I purchased my first handgun then and now I make sure to have one for protection wherever I'm living. ANYTHING can happen in this world... and I live in a safe neighborhood too.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      jeffyhog
                      Veteran Member
                      • Nov 2010
                      • 2759

                      Was never anti-gun, but I wasn't always so pro-gun either. Dad always had a revolver in his nightstand, and he taught me to shoot at a young age. But I do remember thinking "why do you need a gun like that?" when my brother brought home an AR and an AK 20 years ago. I have to admit they were quite intimidating. Years later I'm thinking they're the greatest things and everyone should have a couple of each. I can certaiy see how people who are unfamiliar with them, or subjected to the anti propoganda can have negative impressions.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        fighter4cage
                        Senior Member
                        • Apr 2012
                        • 877

                        No... Never

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Rainbow Warrior
                          Banned
                          • Apr 2010
                          • 10501

                          I from an era where guns were the norm, as a kid my friends and I all had Mattel firearms.
                          The left ruins everything.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            essjay
                            Senior Member
                            • Jun 2014
                            • 1429

                            No, but there was a long period of time between leaving the Boy Scouts and getting a real job after college that I didn't really have any interest in firearms.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Tovarish
                              Senior Member
                              • Sep 2014
                              • 1615

                              I have never been anti-gun per se. But I did, in the past, think gun control made sense and that the 2A obviously was not meant for civilians.

                              What did it for me was the hysteria following Sandy Hook and the realization that none of the measures proposed would have done anything to prevent it.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1