Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

VertX clothing - anyone have any experience?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • kravman4
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2005
    • 612

    VertX clothing - anyone have any experience?

    Hey all, I saw VertX clothing on an promotional website that gives special discounts specific to your experience/profession. I have never seen their clothing in person, and was wondering if anyone here has any experience with their stuff? They have pants that look like they would be good for CCW; the pockets aren't blatantly "tactical cargo" broadcasting "I can fit two guns in each pocket!"

    Anyone know about the quality of their goods? Do they fit true to size? Good quality?
    You will not rise to the occasion, you will fall back on your training.

    Stealth Gear USA Holsters
    Best hot-weather IWB holsters in existence.

    https://stealthgearusa.refersion.com/c/49d0
  • #2
    Merc1138
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Feb 2009
    • 19742

    The regular tactical version is indeed true to size, no quality issues that I've discovered(I generally just wear them as work pants while working on the car or whatever, since I got them on sale cheap, didn't really need "tactical pants") and while they don't stand out... anyone who is familiar with similar pants can easily spot them.

    Although I'm not sure what you mean by "blatantly tactical cargo" as I've seen bigger pockets on cargo shorts, so I'm not sure what you're getting at.

    Comment

    • #3
      Dublin_GFOS
      Junior Member
      • Aug 2014
      • 59

      I have several different models of their pants, gunfighter shirt, and some of their polo shirts. They fit true to size, the "cargo" pockets are much more discreet than others and the material holds up well. Most of the pants have a stretch section, so if you plan to carry IWB carry, it helps. I like the fact that the pants are all gusseted, so they are comfortable in sitting and kneeling positions. The standard pants are a pretty heavy material, but the light weight versions are very comfortable to me.

      Jerry

      Comment

      • #4
        Puckinhead
        Member
        • Feb 2009
        • 112

        I wear the original version pants everyday. Love em. They have a true fit and yes the cargo pockets are streamlined but roomy.

        Comment

        • #5
          kravman4
          Senior Member
          • Feb 2005
          • 612

          Good info. Thx guys.

          Merc, I've seen the huge pockets on cargo shorts as well. Fashion cargo pants have a distinctly different look than "tactical" cargo pants. I don't want cheap mall brand cargo pants that will sag if I'm CCW but at the same time I don't want to wear my 5.11's as they look like "tactical" pants. To me, wearing 5.11's is only a small step below carrying a fanny pack.
          You will not rise to the occasion, you will fall back on your training.

          Stealth Gear USA Holsters
          Best hot-weather IWB holsters in existence.

          https://stealthgearusa.refersion.com/c/49d0

          Comment

          • #6
            trapshot68
            Senior Member
            • Dec 2007
            • 1082

            Any chance of that website?

            I was on their actual website and they had their sport jacket on sale. I picked up one for myself and my father; very happy with the stitching, logic of layout and quality. Wouldn't mind picking up more of their stuff.
            sigpic

            Comment

            • #7
              kravman4
              Senior Member
              • Feb 2005
              • 612

              Yeah this is the website. I'm not affiliated with them in any way. They do give kick-backs for people you invite to join the community. They are kind of like Oakley Standard Issue in that you actually need to have valid Military/LEO/NRA Instructor/Other Professional credentials before you will be be able to obtain discounts. Got some good brands.

              Shop exclusive insider deals on ExpertVoice, the #1 platform for industry professionals.
              You will not rise to the occasion, you will fall back on your training.

              Stealth Gear USA Holsters
              Best hot-weather IWB holsters in existence.

              https://stealthgearusa.refersion.com/c/49d0

              Comment

              • #8
                trapshot68
                Senior Member
                • Dec 2007
                • 1082

                Browsing now. Thanks. There went my side Oakley SI budget I had stashed away....
                sigpic

                Comment

                • #9
                  Merc1138
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Feb 2009
                  • 19742

                  Originally posted by kravman4
                  Good info. Thx guys.

                  Merc, I've seen the huge pockets on cargo shorts as well. Fashion cargo pants have a distinctly different look than "tactical" cargo pants. I don't want cheap mall brand cargo pants that will sag if I'm CCW but at the same time I don't want to wear my 5.11's as they look like "tactical" pants. To me, wearing 5.11's is only a small step below carrying a fanny pack.
                  I have 5.11 pants too, and I know what you're talking about, but most of the public isn't going to be able to tell the difference. They also aren't like wearing a fanny pack at all. The vertx are lower profile, but if that's going to give away that you're concealed carrying... then I don't see how the vertx wouldn't since in either case you're relying on someone being able to identify that you're wearing "tactical pants". Pretty unlikely unless you're attending the local SWAT team fashion show.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    kravman4
                    Senior Member
                    • Feb 2005
                    • 612

                    I don't think it's going to give away ccw, I guess a better way of articulating what im looking for would be to say I want cargo pants that look like hiking pants. The cross-hatched, rip-stop, look of 5.11's attract attention from my pov. Even if it's just to say "that guy likes tactical stuff," I don't want to be noticed for that reason. Of course I am paying more attention to my surroundings than 95% of the general public (guesstimation here, don't quote me ) so you are right, most people may not notice, but then again, the ppl I dont want noticing are the very ppl who wil clue in on that stuff: perps or LEO/security. (Two different very reasons of course)
                    You will not rise to the occasion, you will fall back on your training.

                    Stealth Gear USA Holsters
                    Best hot-weather IWB holsters in existence.

                    https://stealthgearusa.refersion.com/c/49d0

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      TheExiled
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jan 2012
                      • 2933

                      Vertx has been gtg for me, bought some of their pants a few years ago when I hadnt heard of them, they performed well so I bought some more as well as a jacket a couple months ago
                      Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1