Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Is it me OR

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Rob454
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Feb 2006
    • 11254

    Is it me OR

    have the values of Yugo chinese and SKS's in general gone way up? I remember a few months ago a SKS woudl sell for 275-325$ if you had a bunch of stuff to go with it. but the average peice seemed to be in the 180-220 range. Maybe Im just imagining it?
    have yugos gone up in price and is a yugo M59 more rare than a yugo m59/66?
  • #2
    Patriot
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 2006
    • 2982

    Originally posted by Rob454
    have the values of Yugo chinese and SKS's in general gone way up? I remember a few months ago a SKS woudl sell for 275-325$ if you had a bunch of stuff to go with it. but the average peice seemed to be in the 180-220 range. Maybe Im just imagining it?
    have yugos gone up in price and is a yugo M59 more rare than a yugo m59/66?
    I think Yugos and Chinese SKS prices were a bit undervalued (esp. Chinese) and have increased (maybe not noticeably in a "few months" but definitely in a year).

    Dunno about productions numbers, but AFAIK Yugo M59s are more rare to begin with. They are also older (closer to C&R) and do not have the GL that needs to be neutered.
    Freedom does not die alone -- Camus, Homage to an Exile

    People generally quarrel because they cannot argue -- G.K. Chesterton

    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties -- James Madison

    Comment

    • #3
      Walking Fire
      Senior Member
      • Oct 2005
      • 1969

      How much for an Albanian SKS??
      NRA Life Member.

      Comment

      • #4
        Rob454
        CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
        • Feb 2006
        • 11254

        Originally posted by Patriot
        I think Yugos and Chinese SKS prices were a bit undervalued (esp. Chinese) and have increased (maybe not noticeably in a "few months" but definitely in a year).

        Dunno about productions numbers, but AFAIK Yugo M59s are more rare to begin with. They are also older (closer to C&R) and do not have the GL that needs to be neutered.

        yeah I probably should of said in the last year or so.

        Comment

        • #5
          Turbinator
          Administrator
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Oct 2005
          • 11960

          Hey man.. I remember one ad - Tri City - Chinese SKS - $79!!

          Turby

          Comment

          • #6
            1859sharps
            Senior Member
            • Jun 2008
            • 2261

            Originally posted by Turbinator
            Hey man.. I remember one ad - Tri City - Chinese SKS - $79!!

            Turby
            I remember $200 Chinse MAK-90s and $50 chinese SKS, $99 for a case of 1200 rounds or 7.62x39, and 30 round mags, 6 to a pack in the cosmoline (can't remember the cost, but it was low) ....ahhh the early 90's.....those were the days.
            Last edited by 1859sharps; 09-26-2008, 9:29 PM.

            Comment

            • #7
              5968
              Veteran Member
              • Nov 2006
              • 3557

              Originally posted by 1859sharps
              I remember $200 Chinse MAK-90s and $50 chinese SKS, $99 for a case of 1200 rounds or 7.62x39, and 30 round mags, 6 to a pack in the cosmoline (can't remember the cost, but it was low) ....ahhh the early 90's.....those were the days.
              Ahh yes, those were the good ole days.
              sigpicIf you loan someone twenty dollars and never see them again, it was probably worth it.
              Originally posted by hoffmang
              NFA is a long ways off as well it should be. Going after the NFA soon is like asking the girl you just met in the bar if she's into anal sex...-Gene

              Comment

              • #8
                sorensen440
                Calguns Addict
                • Mar 2007
                • 8612

                you can still get them out of state in the 200 range
                "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

                Comment

                • #9
                  AJAX22
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • May 2006
                  • 14980

                  heh, I got a ton of em stashed.

                  Value is only going to go up.... it's more than doubled in the last 2.5 years
                  Youtube Channel Proto-Ordnance

                  Subscribe to Proto Ordnance

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    mike100
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jul 2006
                    • 2507

                    maybe it's time to sell my m59 since I have a genuine russian example now. Still, once the imports dry up, then the price goes higher.

                    I remember washing the cosmoline off in the dishwasher- the whole thing fits once you take the stock off. I never though it would be worth $300.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Josh3239
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Dec 2006
                      • 9200

                      Ya, SKS prices have jumped. I am trying to sell a very nice one right and one of the reasons I don't want to is because it a few years it will probably be worth another $100 or two.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Rob454
                        CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                        • Feb 2006
                        • 11254

                        I was thinking of selling mine but now Im probably gonna keep it. makes a great plinker and its really accurate and sturdy

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          dribbler
                          Senior Member
                          • Jul 2008
                          • 618

                          Originally posted by 1859sharps
                          I remember $200 Chinse MAK-90s and $50 chinese SKS, $99 for a case of 1200 rounds or 7.62x39, and 30 round mags, 6 to a pack in the cosmoline (can't remember the cost, but it was low) ....ahhh the early 90's.....those were the days.
                          yea gas was what 1.20 a gallon back then?
                          OEF 10-2 12-1 03XX
                          Infantry or Die

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Rob454
                            CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                            • Feb 2006
                            • 11254

                            Originally posted by dribbler
                            yea gas was what 1.20 a gallon back then?
                            I remember one time back in 98 I got gas for my dually for .99 cents

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            UA-8071174-1