Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Walnut Creek Big 5 and 22 ammo

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • skosh69
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2011
    • 4290

    Walnut Creek Big 5 and 22 ammo

    So Wednesday's are WC Big 5's ammo delivery day. So as I'm driving home, I say to myself, it's a long shot, but stop by and see if they have anything.

    I walk in and get to the gun and ammo area and what do I see? 3 Boxes of Winchester, 333 count, plated HP 22 ammo.

    I'm all giddy like a school girl. I can barely contain myself as I wait for a clerk to help me. While I wait, I'm wondering if they're gonna sell me all 3 or am I going to have to buy them 1 at a time, going back 2 times?

    Clerk comes up and asks what do I need and I tell him, I'd like to get that 22 ammo. He grabs a box and I ask, OBTW, how much is it? He say's I think it's $49.99, but let me scan it. I was like, WHAT??? He scans it and yep, $49.99.

    I walk out of the store, dejected.....

    There are still 3 boxes of 22 ammo at the Walnut Creek Big 5........


    I know, I know....cool story bro
  • #2
    JustaBlokeAnywhere
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2012
    • 797

    I would buy it if they dropped the "4" off of that 49.99 price

    Comment

    • #3
      Hardwarejunkie
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2009
      • 840

      I walked into Barnwood Arms in Ripon about two weeks ago during lunch, as I checked out the display cases I saw of a 100 rnd box of CCI Mini-Mags next to each .22 pistol.
      I asked if they had any for sale and was told to go to the counter by the range, to my surprise they had 20+ boxes, $9.99 each.
      The girl behind the counter asked me how many I wanted and the first thing that popped into my head was "All of them!", but then I thought "maybe 5" but my mouth opened and I said "3".
      "Limit is 2" she says, and I was thinking "why did you just do that to me?" and then I realized -"oh right, she's a woman".
      I keep forgetting to go back and look for more.

      Comment

      • #4
        lt05deluxe
        Senior Member
        • Apr 2012
        • 1082

        Thats some kinda mark up there!

        Comment

        • #5
          Tank 57
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 2009
          • 4175

          Kind of late for Big 5 to jump on the gouging bandwagon.

          Comment

          • #6
            ACfixer
            Calguns Addict
            • Feb 2012
            • 6080

            Originally posted by Tank 57
            Kind of late for Big 5 to jump on the gouging bandwagon.
            Apparently not if they only have three boxes left.
            Buy made in USA whenever possible.

            Comment

            • #7
              RamonSJC
              CGN/CGSSA Contributor
              • Aug 2012
              • 1532

              Got a 300+ pack for $25 today from Cabelas shipped. Felt ripped off, but not the worst.
              Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
              ~Albert Einstein

              "If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."
              ~Thomas Jefferson

              All I have in this world is my ball$ and my word, and I don't break them for no one.
              ~Scarface

              Comment

              • #8
                TacticalThug
                Member
                • Aug 2014
                • 230

                I don't get it, did you forget your wallet?
                WTB Springfield Armory 1911-A1 Stainless Steel and Black bought a Kimber Stainless instead baby.

                Comment

                Working...
                UA-8071174-1