Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

B&E GTA & the Aftermath

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • dexter9659
    Senior Member
    • May 2006
    • 701

    B&E GTA & the Aftermath

    Deleted for Court reasons
    Last edited by dexter9659; 02-23-2009, 9:54 PM.
    Co-Founder of the Contra Costa Contras shooting team
  • #2
    PolishMike
    Calguns Addict
    • Nov 2007
    • 6034

    Wow that is scary. Glad the family is ok
    Artist formally known as CEO of Tracy Rifle and Pistol

    Comment

    • #3
      VeryCoolCat
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Feb 2006
      • 11275

      Did you leave the garage door open? Is there another way to get into your garage? They probably went inside the garage and pulled the cord to release the garage door.

      Its a series of 8 or so switches that consists of a garage door opener. Thats a lot of combos to try to figure out your garage door.
      Originally posted by Kestryll
      The volume of blood necessary to achieve erection would cause you to either pass out or if you didn't and managed to maintain an erection you would likely die from lack of oxygen to the heart and brain.
      Originally posted by ivanimal
      Just be glad you are not his next door neighbor. I am sure there are "good tunes" flowing out the window. I am imagining a cop car pulling up at 1:30 AM asking "Are you having a party?" and Bundo sayin "Nope just me and the BG's"

      Comment

      • #4
        sorensen440
        Calguns Addict
        • Mar 2007
        • 8612

        Originally posted by VeryCoolCat
        Its a series of 8 or so switches that consists of a garage door opener. Thats a lot of combos to try to figure out your garage door.
        The more sophisticated bad guys have transmitters that can try all the basic frequencies (like the ones on the older garage door openers)
        "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

        Comment

        • #5
          sorensen440
          Calguns Addict
          • Mar 2007
          • 8612

          glad to hear your family is alright
          "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

          Comment

          • #6
            Saigon1965
            CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
            • Nov 2003
            • 17278

            Heads up, they might come back -

            Comment

            • #7
              sorensen440
              Calguns Addict
              • Mar 2007
              • 8612

              Originally posted by saigon1965
              Heads up, they might come back -
              Thats a very good point, they also know you have firearms due to the reloading stuff
              "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

              Comment

              • #8
                dexter9659
                Senior Member
                • May 2006
                • 701

                Deleted for Court reasons
                Last edited by dexter9659; 02-23-2009, 9:55 PM.
                Co-Founder of the Contra Costa Contras shooting team

                Comment

                • #9
                  M. Sage
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                  • Jul 2006
                  • 19759

                  You should have a garage door opener that has a coded transmitter.

                  Ours uses rolling codes, whenever we change the transmitter battery, we have to re-synch it.
                  Originally posted by Deadbolt
                  "We're here to take your land for your safety"

                  "My Safety?" *click* "There, that was my safety"
                  sigpicNRA Member

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    MT1
                    Banned
                    • Jun 2007
                    • 3657

                    I had someone try this at my place a year or so ago, came downstairs to find the garage door partway opened up against my car and truck which I park in the driveway because the garage is a carpeted "lounge" with a pool table etc. One side of the door had obviously been pulled on real hard in an attempt to get through but the gap was too small. I live in a pretty good neighborhood, but at the same time last year I heard about a break-in and rape that happened several blocks away.

                    I think as the economy gets worse we are going to see more and more of this, I'm going to be upgrading the locks on my doors and will be adding a steel strap into the frame so that it's much more difficult to force the door.

                    Do alarm systems know that a window has been broken or just opened? Never looked into them...

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      sorensen440
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Mar 2007
                      • 8612

                      Originally posted by MT1
                      Do alarm systems know that a window has been broken or just opened? Never looked into them...
                      That all depends on the system
                      "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        dexter9659
                        Senior Member
                        • May 2006
                        • 701

                        Deleted for Court Reasons
                        Last edited by dexter9659; 02-23-2009, 9:55 PM.
                        Co-Founder of the Contra Costa Contras shooting team

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          sorensen440
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Mar 2007
                          • 8612

                          Originally posted by dexter9659
                          (yes it is a very nice area).
                          those are there favorite areas to burglarize
                          "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            dexter9659
                            Senior Member
                            • May 2006
                            • 701

                            Deleted for Court Reasons
                            Last edited by dexter9659; 02-23-2009, 9:57 PM.
                            Co-Founder of the Contra Costa Contras shooting team

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Hopi
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Oct 2005
                              • 7700

                              Originally posted by dexter9659
                              So I just added up everything that was taken... $1,680 in factory ammunition alone. Thank god they couldnt carry more or I would be over the $3,000 ammunition loss max on the policy. Its going to take a month to make up for that in reloads... not to mention the 1,000 match .233 brass I had just made.
                              Sorry to hear about this.......check local craigslist, you never know, you might find something that is yours.....

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1