Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Barrel length question

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • trant6
    Member
    • Sep 2010
    • 132

    Barrel length question

    I think I understand the legal definition of how barrels are measured, but are barrels from different manufacturers generally measured differently? For example, is a 7.5" barrel measured from the end of the barrel (including threads) to the middle of the barrel extension? Or is 7.5" the length measured end to end? Noveske informed me that they use the former method, and a measurement taken from a different 7.5" barrel I own uses the latter.

    Can anyone with an unbuilt 7.5" barrel measure the entire length of the barrel and see if it's exactly 7.5" end to end?
  • #2
    Quiet
    retired Goon
    • Mar 2007
    • 30242

    Originally posted by trant6
    I think I understand the legal definition of how barrels are measured, but are barrels from different manufacturers generally measured differently? For example, is a 7.5" barrel measured from the end of the barrel (including threads) to the middle of the barrel extension? Or is 7.5" the length measured end to end? Noveske informed me that they use the former method, and a measurement taken from a different 7.5" barrel I own uses the latter.

    Can anyone with an unbuilt 7.5" barrel measure the entire length of the barrel and see if it's exactly 7.5" end to end?
    sigpic

    "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

    Comment

    Working...
    UA-8071174-1