Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Police shoot man with AK

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • .45shooter
    Member
    • Jun 2004
    • 235

    Police shoot man with AK

    Occurred in Salinas!!!





    A 21-year-old man was fatally shot by a Salinas police officer Sunday morning when he attempted to pull a loaded AK-47 rifle from his pants, according to the Police Department.

    The officer was called around 11:20 a.m. to a strip mall at East Boronda and Natividad roads on reports of a man hiding in the bushes across from Wells Fargo ATMs, police said.

    The responding officer turned his vehicle west onto Arcadia Way from Natividad Road and located the suspect, who was standing on the sidewalk, based on a witness description, police said.

    The officer exited his vehicle and told the suspect to sit on the sidewalk, but the suspect instead began to pull a rifle out of his pants, according to police.

    The suspect continued to draw the rifle despite orders to drop his weapon, and the office shot the suspect several times. Police said the suspect's weapon appeared to be a loaded AK-47 rifle.

    The officer and another arriving officer began CPR after the suspect was shot, but the man later died at a hospital.

    He has been identified as Castroville resident Philip Michael Dorado, police said.
    USMC 2111
  • #2
    hawk1
    In Memoriam
    • Dec 2005
    • 7555

    Excuse me while I whip this out...
    sigpicNRA LIFE MEMBER

    Comment

    • #3
      cleanguy46
      Senior Member
      • Mar 2008
      • 1050

      Damn....I couldnt have said it better!
      sigpicWango Tango!

      Comment

      • #4
        5150Marcelo
        Calguns Addict
        • Mar 2008
        • 7681

        Handmade Predator/Coyote Calls!!!
        Originally posted by ColdSteel14;
        Spermicidal rubbers! On the other hand.. Man.. That spermicide doesn't taste very good. AT ALL!
        Originally posted by Slayer;
        Holy Lord....why would a dude know what spermicide taste like?
        sigpic

        Comment

        • #5
          FEDUPWBS
          Senior Member
          • Oct 2006
          • 2187

          I know nothing!
          Originally posted by ChrisO
          My solar tac grip wrap just slides off if I pull on it... I can tighten it down as much as I can and it will still slide off. I got it for a regular AK PG and it's on a standard romanian bakelite I think PG... What should I do? I kept the mag lock installed just in case this would happen...

          Originally posted by stphnman20
          What is a FEDUPWBS?

          Originally posted by weezil_boi
          ( Yes, FEDUP... you were right ).Just 1.5 cents

          Comment

          • #6
            Shane916
            Calguns Addict
            • Feb 2006
            • 5004

            Intelligent. Did he really think he could outdraw an officer with an AK in his pants?!

            Comment

            • #7
              Shane916
              Calguns Addict
              • Feb 2006
              • 5004

              Here's an interesting twist:




              Man in Salinas police shooting served two tours in IraqMaryannis said the family has no idea why he was carrying a rifle. She said the family may pursue a lawsuit against the Salinas Police Department.
              Seriously? You're going to sue SPD for protecting people from a guy toting an AK in front of a bank?! Right...

              Comment

              • #8
                FEDUPWBS
                Senior Member
                • Oct 2006
                • 2187

                Originally posted by Shane916
                Intelligent. Did he really think he could outdraw an officer with an AK in his pants?!
                There is no limit to stupid. He was busted either way. Probably a striker or under orders from the gang leadership to hit a cop or not be taken alive, who knows. As I said there is no limit to stupid. Cop gets a paid vacation on a good shoot. I hope he doesn't lose 2 seconds of sleep over doing the right thing.
                Originally posted by ChrisO
                My solar tac grip wrap just slides off if I pull on it... I can tighten it down as much as I can and it will still slide off. I got it for a regular AK PG and it's on a standard romanian bakelite I think PG... What should I do? I kept the mag lock installed just in case this would happen...

                Originally posted by stphnman20
                What is a FEDUPWBS?

                Originally posted by weezil_boi
                ( Yes, FEDUP... you were right ).Just 1.5 cents

                Comment

                • #9
                  CALI-gula
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Jan 2006
                  • 7222

                  Just hope it doesn't end up being an airsoft gun. Of course, it would still have been stupid for him to have not listened to the officer's instructions, but I hope it was a real AK and he is in fact some type of previously known criminal or cowardly "gangy" member with prior convictions.

                  .
                  ------------------------

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Hopi
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Oct 2005
                    • 7700

                    Originally posted by .45shooter
                    Occurred in Salinas!!!





                    A 21-year-old man was fatally shot by a Salinas police officer Sunday morning when he attempted to pull a loaded AK-47 rifle from his pants, according to the Police Department.

                    The officer was called around 11:20 a.m. to a strip mall at East Boronda and Natividad roads on reports of a man hiding in the bushes across from Wells Fargo ATMs, police said.

                    The responding officer turned his vehicle west onto Arcadia Way from Natividad Road and located the suspect, who was standing on the sidewalk, based on a witness description, police said.

                    The officer exited his vehicle and told the suspect to sit on the sidewalk, but the suspect instead began to pull a rifle out of his pants, according to police.

                    The suspect continued to draw the rifle despite orders to drop his weapon, and the office shot the suspect several times. Police said the suspect's weapon appeared to be a loaded AK-47 rifle.

                    The officer and another arriving officer began CPR after the suspect was shot, but the man later died at a hospital.

                    He has been identified as Castroville resident Philip Michael Dorado, police said.
                    Bank robbery gone bad?

                    Originally posted by Shane916
                    According to family members, Dorado had served two tours of duty in Iraq, was married and had plans to join the U.S. Border Patrol.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      FEDUPWBS
                      Senior Member
                      • Oct 2006
                      • 2187

                      No Gang affiliation with an AK concealed in his pants and in Salinas MY ***!!
                      Originally posted by ChrisO
                      My solar tac grip wrap just slides off if I pull on it... I can tighten it down as much as I can and it will still slide off. I got it for a regular AK PG and it's on a standard romanian bakelite I think PG... What should I do? I kept the mag lock installed just in case this would happen...

                      Originally posted by stphnman20
                      What is a FEDUPWBS?

                      Originally posted by weezil_boi
                      ( Yes, FEDUP... you were right ).Just 1.5 cents

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        FEDUPWBS
                        Senior Member
                        • Oct 2006
                        • 2187

                        There are plenty of gang members in the military! Comments?
                        Originally posted by ChrisO
                        My solar tac grip wrap just slides off if I pull on it... I can tighten it down as much as I can and it will still slide off. I got it for a regular AK PG and it's on a standard romanian bakelite I think PG... What should I do? I kept the mag lock installed just in case this would happen...

                        Originally posted by stphnman20
                        What is a FEDUPWBS?

                        Originally posted by weezil_boi
                        ( Yes, FEDUP... you were right ).Just 1.5 cents

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          PolishMike
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Nov 2007
                          • 6034

                          I dont know about you guys but I dont trust the FCG on my AKs enough to put one in my pants.
                          Artist formally known as CEO of Tracy Rifle and Pistol

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            FEDUPWBS
                            Senior Member
                            • Oct 2006
                            • 2187

                            Originally posted by PolishMike
                            I dont know about you guys but I dont trust the FCG on my AKs enough to put one in my pants.
                            Stop welding them together
                            Originally posted by ChrisO
                            My solar tac grip wrap just slides off if I pull on it... I can tighten it down as much as I can and it will still slide off. I got it for a regular AK PG and it's on a standard romanian bakelite I think PG... What should I do? I kept the mag lock installed just in case this would happen...

                            Originally posted by stphnman20
                            What is a FEDUPWBS?

                            Originally posted by weezil_boi
                            ( Yes, FEDUP... you were right ).Just 1.5 cents

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              PatriotnMore
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Nov 2007
                              • 7068

                              Very sad.

                              If the reports are as stated, the LEO's made the right call in protecting themselves, and others around. I am glad none of them were injured.


                              I can't help but think this may have been a suicide. Perhaps there were thoughts of a bank robbery, we won't know.

                              Here is a guy who did two tours in the sand box. I would really like to know more about why?

                              With two tours in the sand box, this person would know enough about TTP to make the situation much different if he wanted to.

                              This was a guy standing watch over there, just to come home and die in a gun fight here, what a waste. Rip.
                              ‎"If Congress can do whatever in their discretion can be done by money, and will promote the General Welfare, the Government is no longer a limited one, possessing enumerated powers, but an indefinite one, subject to particular exceptions."
                              --James Madison
                              'Letter to Edmund Pendleton', 1792

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1