Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

question about Firing Line indoor range in Burbank

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • subway
    Junior Member
    • Mar 2006
    • 39

    question about Firing Line indoor range in Burbank

    I'll be joining up as soon as my 10 day waiting period is over, so I called up to ask a few questions. Everything went well until I asked the distance to the targets. The response still has me baffled: "the lines are at 21 feet but they go back to 50."

    Can anyone explain what this means? I purchased a pistol caliber carbine, so I'm interested in as much distance as they can provide. (note: build 50 meter indoor range when I win LOTTO....) Twenty one feet seems incredibly short to someone who has only shot at rifle ranges previously. (I've honestly never shot at a target less than 300ft away.) But if 21ft is what they got, I guess I'll get "real good" at 7 yard shooting....
  • #2
    bear308
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2006
    • 849

    we're you physically in the range when you asked the question? There is a white line on the floor at 21 feet, many people use this distance. The max distance for targets is about 48 feet, used to be 50 but the new backstop ate up some of the distance.

    Have any other questions don't hesitate to ask.
    NRA - Life Member
    Head ***** @ Firing-Line Burbank.
    Firing-Line Indoor Ranges
    If you have suggestions, comments, or complaints, feel free to contact me at info at burbankrange.com

    Comment

    • #3
      Diablo
      Senior Member
      • Mar 2006
      • 1232

      Shooting range

      So I can shoot my rifle at this indoor range? Are they going to ask if the mag is pinned and all that stuff?
      sigpic

      Comment

      • #4
        WRENCHHEAD
        Senior Member
        • Dec 2005
        • 809

        the firing line in burbank sucks big! the max distance is around 10-15 yards, it's a real cramped range. if your close check out insight shooting range in artesia. i'm a member there and it's a real nice place to shoot. clean and freindly place.

        Comment

        • #5
          VeryCoolCat
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Feb 2006
          • 11275

          Most indoor gun ranges were designed for handguns, there are a few 75ft ones.
          I know the one at LAX range is 75ft, but you have to use their ammo on long arms and the owner isn't exactly a bright ray of sunshine. Though they have a pretty good handgun selection and a rifle and a shotgun or two you can rent. The guys working there are cool.

          LA GUN CLUB, the owners there rock, the guy working there is funny and they have reasonable prices with a reasonable selection of longarms and handguns to rent shot my first SKS there, didnt like SKSs after that. I believe they are 50-60ft. They have several used firearms that sell as is. I believe they have glock 19s for $300.

          I like going to new ranges.
          Originally posted by Kestryll
          The volume of blood necessary to achieve erection would cause you to either pass out or if you didn't and managed to maintain an erection you would likely die from lack of oxygen to the heart and brain.
          Originally posted by ivanimal
          Just be glad you are not his next door neighbor. I am sure there are "good tunes" flowing out the window. I am imagining a cop car pulling up at 1:30 AM asking "Are you having a party?" and Bundo sayin "Nope just me and the BG's"

          Comment

          • #6
            Kruzr
            In Memoriam
            • Oct 2005
            • 1751

            Originally posted by Diablo
            So I can shoot my rifle at this indoor range? Are they going to ask if the mag is pinned and all that stuff?
            You can only shoot rimfires at The Firing Line.

            FWIW, 7 yards is the typical distance for defense practice shooting since most shootings take place within 21 feet. If you are further than 30 feet, your use of deadly force could come into question.
            Target shooters like a bit more distance.
            Last edited by Kruzr; 05-24-2006, 6:26 PM.

            Comment

            • #7
              bear308
              Senior Member
              • Jan 2006
              • 849

              Originally posted by Diablo
              So I can shoot my rifle at this indoor range? Are they going to ask if the mag is pinned and all that stuff?
              No rifle calibers at the range.
              NRA - Life Member
              Head ***** @ Firing-Line Burbank.
              Firing-Line Indoor Ranges
              If you have suggestions, comments, or complaints, feel free to contact me at info at burbankrange.com

              Comment

              • #8
                subway
                Junior Member
                • Mar 2006
                • 39

                Originally posted by Kruzr
                You can only shoot rimfires at The Firing Line.

                not true. pistol caliber carbines are OK, they even rent the Ruger PC9 that I just purchased. And it is very much a centerfire rifle. Just pistol caliber.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Kruzr
                  In Memoriam
                  • Oct 2005
                  • 1751

                  Originally posted by subway
                  not true. pistol caliber carbines are OK, they even rent the Ruger PC9 that I just purchased. And it is very much a centerfire rifle. Just pistol caliber.
                  True, any pistol caliber (not .50) is OK except magnum loads in a rifle. You can shoot .357 from a pistol but not a rifle. Same for .44.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    bear308
                    Senior Member
                    • Jan 2006
                    • 849

                    Originally posted by Kruzr
                    True, any pistol caliber (not .50) is OK except magnum loads in a rifle. You can shoot .357 from a pistol but not a rifle. Same for .44.
                    Actually, you can shoot anything as long as it is chambered in a caliber designed for a handgun.
                    There are a few exceptions. Anything larger than .44Mag is subject to noise restrictions, if we're busy don't expect to shoot a .50AE. No hollowpoints or half jackets are allowed on the range (silvertips and gold dots are ok as are .22LR.) No 5.7 allowed.
                    NRA - Life Member
                    Head ***** @ Firing-Line Burbank.
                    Firing-Line Indoor Ranges
                    If you have suggestions, comments, or complaints, feel free to contact me at info at burbankrange.com

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      EBWhite
                      Senior Member
                      • Jan 2006
                      • 2116

                      Why can you not have hollowpoints at a shooting range???

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        ligamentum flavum
                        Senior Member
                        • Oct 2005
                        • 540

                        Originally posted by EBWhite
                        Why can you not have hollowpoints at a shooting range???
                        I heard they fragment much more easily and the fragments can bounce back at you/others.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Cardinal Sin
                          Senior Member
                          • May 2006
                          • 897

                          Burbank Range Rat . . .(AKA: lounge lizzard)

                          It has to do with the jacket separating issues and the indoor environment. They do allow you to shoot Speer Gold Dots there because of how the jacket is constructed. . . . They do not allow Wolf Ammo because of the several safety problems they have had, (squibs, hangfires, etc.). The have a 10/22 and a PC-9 you can rent along with the usual hand guns. I shoot and hang out there from time to time, (for a few years now), and know the staff fairly well. They are a great bunch of folks with a wealth of knowledge. True, it is an indoor range with not a lot of yardage but it provides pretty much all you need for 99% of the customers that come in. If you want distance or rifle shooting then go to Angeles Shooting Range. If you want to shoot the breeze about lowers, shoot you handguns, or other stuff then drop on by. The night staff on the weekends are a great group, (as are the rest of the staff). Who knows . . .maybe ill see some of you there some day. Just remember . . . the range is what it is .. . .it dosent suck because it is an indoor, short distance range . . .That is how it was made and for that purpose. Give them a chance, I have and dont regret it at all!!! Thumbs up for the Burbank Firing Line
                          "Apathy is the glove into which evil slips its hand." -Bodie Thoene

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            bear308
                            Senior Member
                            • Jan 2006
                            • 849

                            Thanks for the kind words, but I don't know about us night crew knowing anything
                            NRA - Life Member
                            Head ***** @ Firing-Line Burbank.
                            Firing-Line Indoor Ranges
                            If you have suggestions, comments, or complaints, feel free to contact me at info at burbankrange.com

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Cardinal Sin
                              Senior Member
                              • May 2006
                              • 897

                              Originally posted by bear308
                              Thanks for the kind words, but I don't know about us night crew knowing anything

                              That's o.k . . . .the "muffin man" knows . . . .(inside joke) Bear, P.M. me if you know who I am
                              "Apathy is the glove into which evil slips its hand." -Bodie Thoene

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1