Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

I am now in the USAF

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Pred@tor
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2005
    • 768

    I am now in the USAF

    I will know what mechanical job I get in September. I will ship out in January and know what job I have exactly in September. I am enlisting for six years but I may just make a career out of it. My parents may move to Roswell, NM so if they do I am gonna move all my stuff there too. My Dad is loosing his job here because his airliner is pulling out of the local airport here. So he is qualified for the job offer out in Roswell of all places. In the mean time I will be in California. I am so happy slappy!
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    Thomas Jefferson

    Californian born and orginally from the Central Coast (Arroyo Grande, CA) who is currently serving in the Air National Guard of Missouri.

  • #2
    ivanimal
    Janitors assistant
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Sep 2002
    • 14365

    Congratulations and thank you for your service.
    "I would kill for a Nobel peace prize." Steven Wright"
    Board Member CGSSA Donate now!
    NRA lifetime member

    Comment

    • #3
      Shawn L
      Senior Member
      • Dec 2007
      • 1783

      Congratulations my dad spent 20 yrs in the Air Force. Have fun and be safe.
      For all your shooting needs contact Tom Reese @ FirePower Depot. www.firepowerdepot.com

      sigpic

      Comment

      • #4
        dilligaffrn
        Senior Member
        • Feb 2005
        • 635

        Congrats and have fun.
        What Is A Veteran?

        A "Veteran" -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to, and including his or her life."

        USN 1986-1997

        sigpic

        Comment

        • #5
          MrTenX
          In Memoriam
          • Oct 2005
          • 418

          The Air Force is a good career choice.
          My oldest son is active duty Air Force stationed at Ellsworth AFB in South Dakota.
          However, his MOS doesn't offer many options for travel. SD and TX are the only places that have slots for his skills. Not bad if you want to stay in one place for a period of time unlike my time in the Army where you move every 2-4 years.
          What my computer can't handle, my rifle does nicely.
          sigpic

          Comment

          • #6
            ojisan
            Agent 86
            CGN Contributor
            • Apr 2008
            • 11781

            Congratulations!
            But now all the Army / Navy / Marines here at CG are gonna flame you...LOL
            Thank you so much for your service to our country!

            Originally posted by Citadelgrad87
            I don't really care, I just like to argue.

            Comment

            • #7
              Jerr
              Junior Member
              • Jul 2008
              • 42

              Great career choice and thank you for your service.

              Jerr

              Comment

              • #8
                Prowler
                Senior Member
                • Apr 2006
                • 2099

                Congratulations and good luck!
                sigpic

                Comment

                • #9
                  Pred@tor
                  Senior Member
                  • Jan 2005
                  • 768

                  Thanks fellas I may just make a career out of this. I may even become an officer! Who knows... I just gotta apply myself. I may even get to be an E3 if my transcripts go through too.
                  "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
                  Thomas Jefferson

                  Californian born and orginally from the Central Coast (Arroyo Grande, CA) who is currently serving in the Air National Guard of Missouri.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Fjold
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Oct 2005
                    • 23060

                    Congratulations,

                    "Chair Force" or "Air Farce" or whatever it is!

                    Since you're in the club now, we can give you a hard time about it.

                    (Ex-squid)
                    Frank

                    One rifle, one planet, Holland's 375




                    Life Member NRA, CRPA and SAF

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Darklyte27
                      Calguns Addict
                      • May 2008
                      • 9372

                      Originally posted by Fjold
                      Congratulations,

                      "Chair Force" or "Air Farce" or whatever it is!

                      Since you're in the club now, we can give you a hard time about it.

                      (Ex-squid)

                      ya chair force...
                      2 HANDGUNS STOLEN! 1 RECOVERED READ HERE

                      Chickens

                      Want to get into Ham Radio? Click here
                      http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=202581

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        CavTrooper
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Jul 2007
                        • 5944

                        So lemme get this straight...

                        Youve ALREADY enlisted in the AF BUT you dont know what MOS you have? Hummm.... Open contract eh? LOL.

                        Well, at least youve stood up and took the oath! Congats!

                        BTW, just giving you a hard time.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          dfletcher
                          I need a LIFE!!
                          • Dec 2006
                          • 14809

                          Originally posted by Pred@tor
                          Thanks fellas I may just make a career out of this. I may even become an officer! Who knows... I just gotta apply myself. I may even get to be an E3 if my transcripts go through too.
                          Well this brings back memories. I went in as an E3 also, but it was 1981. Quite a while ago, didn't know they still do that sort of thing. It's a great advantage and you'll want to be proactive about getting that. Without a whole lot of trying I made Staff Sergeant in about 3 years, a bit better pay and circumstances come your way if I recall. But I was in supply, always willing to cut a deal for an advantage.

                          I don't want to call it advice - I'm not THAT old and certainly not that smart -but even if you can, don't wear your stripes in basic. It doesn't make any difference, you'll still be pushed around, only with the two stripes you'll stand out. You don't want to stand out in basic. I consider as great accomplishment my TI not knowing who I was - even though I'm about 6' 5" and was "right, front" on formations. Collect your pay, be quiet.

                          And don't tell anyone you want to be an Officer while you're enlisted. If it happens, great, but don't advertise. This one's based on experience also, I couldn't pass a Flight Class 3 (IIRC) because of my hearing, the guys in my squad were great, but none to keen (nor was I) about Officers in general.

                          And if you have the chance - get stationed in Korea. Best time I've ever had. Unfortunately can't remember most of it. Damned soju.

                          And thank you, best of luck.
                          GOA Member & SAF Life Member

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Cato
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Apr 2006
                            • 5659

                            Congrats! I envy you! I wish I was 18 again

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              PolishMike
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Nov 2007
                              • 6034

                              Congrats


                              <--- AFROTC (shooting for pilot)
                              Artist formally known as CEO of Tracy Rifle and Pistol

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1