Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Observations from the Stockton Gun Show

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • gsc3zny
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2011
    • 573

    Observations from the Stockton Gun Show

    Holy crap!! These vendors need to check internet and local prices before they price there products. Ammo was pretty hi priced, .50 for .223, other ammo very expensive. I don't know much about old guns, but there were plenty of of old ones there, but seemed very expensive. Overall very disappointing. spent my 10 bucks and didn't see anything. some of these vendors think pretty highly of there stuff. Am I off base here? what are other attendees opinions?
  • #2
    madoka
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2012
    • 2039

    That's pretty much the impression I get from every gun show I've been at. The only thing I'd mention differently is the number of vendors with fake Chinese crap or airsoft quality optics and red dots.

    Comment

    • #3
      lt05deluxe
      Senior Member
      • Apr 2012
      • 1082

      Thats the same reason I stopped going.

      Comment

      • #4
        ElvenSoul
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Apr 2008
        • 17431

        Gun shows suck anymore!
        sigpic

        Comment

        • #5
          gsc3zny
          Senior Member
          • Jul 2011
          • 573

          no more for me. Online it is

          Comment

          • #6
            MrExel17
            CGN/CGSSA Contributor
            CGN Contributor
            • Feb 2011
            • 9170

            GunShows = Shamwows & Beef Jerky!
            "Professionals practice to get it right, Operators practise to get it wrong."

            Comment

            • #7
              Rickrock1
              CGN/CGSSA Contributor
              CGN Contributor
              • Jan 2012
              • 5158

              That's why I haven't been to a gun show in over a year.
              sigpic

              Comment

              • #8
                gcvt
                Orlando, Florida
                CGN Contributor
                • Apr 2008
                • 13930

                How were the beef jerky prices?
                Originally posted by Kestryll
                I want to be Princess Anastasia today because I feel pretty
                Originally posted by QuarterBoreGunner
                Kes is really just an errand boy
                Originally posted by Kestryll
                I am NOT...anything other than a schmuck...

                Comment

                • #9
                  Dano3467
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Mar 2013
                  • 7381

                  I'm on the fence about gun shows. Really like going, but don't buy much as the OP has stated HI $$$ to product ratio...

                  But do enjoy checking out all the stuff, and make a day of it.

                  That said I may purchase ammo if and only if it's fair ( NO GOUGE )

                  And yeah, Big Reno in April, will probably go, I'll may hate myself later...

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    sierra m37
                    Member
                    • Feb 2012
                    • 297

                    Gotta get me some shamwowz!

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Mud Eagle
                      Member
                      • Nov 2013
                      • 325

                      The internet has pretty much replaced the singular reason for gun shows' existence through the 1990s.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        PubChef
                        Member
                        • Nov 2013
                        • 441

                        The big one in Sac on the 29th will be better. They had Fiocchi .40 for $18, and saw some 9 for $15. it was a bunch of stuff that wasn't very good.

                        One guy on the inside corner when you turn left had some good prices on his .22lr Rifles.

                        saw another charging $70 for 325 rounds... of .22

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Southpaw45
                          Senior Member
                          • Sep 2008
                          • 2333

                          Originally posted by gsc3zny
                          Holy crap!! These vendors need to check internet and local prices before they price there products. Ammo was pretty hi priced, .50 for .223, other ammo very expensive. I don't know much about old guns, but there were plenty of of old ones there, but seemed very expensive. Overall very disappointing. spent my 10 bucks and didn't see anything. some of these vendors think pretty highly of there stuff. Am I off base here? what are other attendees opinions?
                          No you nailed it! Did you see the guy selling American Eagle 22lr "40" round boxes for 10 bucks!! I ended up walking out with nothing also...
                          Cowboy Action Shooter
                          Midnight Black Powder Shooter
                          S.A.S.S #74217
                          Have Guns Will Travel
                          .45 Colt Enthusiast
                          ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Southpaw45
                            Senior Member
                            • Sep 2008
                            • 2333

                            Originally posted by MrExel17
                            GunShows = Shamwows & Beef Jerky!
                            HA! This show didnt even have beef jerkey!
                            Cowboy Action Shooter
                            Midnight Black Powder Shooter
                            S.A.S.S #74217
                            Have Guns Will Travel
                            .45 Colt Enthusiast
                            ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              TruEdge
                              Senior Member
                              • Jun 2011
                              • 1672

                              Was a little bummed I didn't get to make it this year to the stockton show but now I'm glad I didn't! I can go to cabelas and use my club card with 5 dollar shipping and still get better deals.
                              The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson (quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria)"

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1